DIY racelogic porting

I did not check my squish cause I thought it was a ready to bolt on mod. N I did anneal my head gasket but its leak free so I don't see how the head gasket would be the problem, I could be wrong though.

No it wasnt honed cause I used the same piston an rings as last year, I just chambfered the ports. How do I get the rings to seat?

I cant run it cause it wont start n the compression is on the low side.

I had low compression on my motor and it was driving me nuts trying to find the problem, then i got a (((( NEW )))) compression tester!

I had a bad compression tester!:eek:

I narrowed this tester from my bother in law that owns n operates his own shop so I don't think its bad but it could be. However I can also feel the difference from last year when I kick it.

I narrowed this tester from my bother in law that owns n operates his own shop so I don't think its bad but it could be. However I can also feel the difference from last year when I kick it.

You done see compression testers go bad very often. Unless your one unlucky mofo like me.

if the head was "rechambered" without having it milled to compensate, that will cost you compression. Did you cc the head before and after?? drastically raising the exhaust port will lower compression too. and used rings?? come on man a set of rings isnt that expensive.....

I know but by the time I got around to thinking about the rings I already spent all my money so I checked the rings measurements n they were within specs so I let it go. I already have over 1200 into this rebuild but if I can't find anything else wrong then I guess I'll just have to spring for new rings

TRy boats, you sneeze and its at least a grand.... I but $60 in the tank today and it didnt even give me 1/8th of a tank and that was just to get enough fuel in it for the fuel injection diagnosis on the computer. The high pressure fuel pump croaked, only $750 for a new fuel pump.

So I guess my next step is to cc the head and see what I'm working with. Can I run out without a head gasket or would it not make enough of a difference for psi?

You must run a head gasket of some type to seal the mating surfaces.

Yeah that's what I thought, thanks.

On another note ITS ALIVE Idk what the problem was but I pop started it on a lil hill n completed the first warm up then let it cool down then it started first kick. I think I had some bad gas and an excessive amount of oil in the cylinder. Just got one more heat cycle to do n finish up the rear brakes then it'll be time for the first test drive.