CT Sonic 240 kit + 4-mil Hotrods crank

your wallet must be fat!! 1500 bucks for a kit wow. vitos is a lot cheaper but dont put out quite as much power as the CT kit does.

Well the crank bearings and seals are shot in our old 13-year strong motor (13-years ago was the last time it was open and it was still running strong but you could feel the play) so we decided to stroke and big bore it.

I guess no one on here has ran the CT set up? I'd like first hand experience with it ya know? We got 13 years out of our ported stock bore top end (that waxed 400's like they were sitting still) and could probably get more but for the bearings.

Oh that's nothing at all then. My uncle has trenched a bunch of cases and if he don't feel like doing it his self then I got a buddy with a CNC/mill that would help us out with it

Heres my thoughts.The la sleeve/ct cylinder is a very nice cylinder,the cadillac of the blaster cylinders.Do not expect much out of ct racings porting.You do have to trench the cases for the 4mm crank.You will also have to get a new reed cage and boot to go with the ct cylinder.Vitos cylinder will make great power for the trails but deffinately needs porting to really make them shine.I run one of each cylinder among others and have ran them all and own them all.If you want to save a few bucks and still get a good cylinder than a vitos is the way to go,if you have the money for a new ct kit then by all means spend it.lol I would also get a power pros/ct/f7 etc pipe and a 35pwk to go with the kit if you want to utilize all of it's power.

The kit comes with their brand-new jug that has the CR250 intake, comes with the reed cage/intake, a PWK 36,the pipe thats built for that cylinder, etc. If we arent happy with how it runs we will port it more (if its possible). I keep seeing so many backwards mixed reveiws on ALL vito's blaster products that i dont want to waste my money or time with them just to end up with crap ya know?

Thank you very much for the input!!

Reactions: 08yfzman
The kit comes with their brand-new jug that has the CR250 intake, comes with the reed cage/intake, a PWK 36,the pipe thats built for that cylinder, etc. If we arent happy with how it runs we will port it more (if its possible). I keep seeing so many backwards mixed reveiws on ALL vito's blaster products that i dont want to waste my money or time with them just to end up with crap ya know?

Thank you very much for the input!!

Vitos products are fine.There gaskets suck but there products are not junk.My vitos 240 runs hard!!You will be happy with the ct kit and love it's power.It's a very nice cylinder.I wasn't sure of you were buying the complete kit or just the cylinder.Thats why I suggested it.lol Post pics and vids when it's done.

Oh trust me,, I will!! LOL

Thanks for the input y'all!! This is gunna be a fun little bike. If I feel like it ill copy my build thread off 2-stroke central to over here

blastersaurus has the ct kit. The port setup is very hondaish and it a strong running cylinder. You are not ging to get away with the stock Yamaha airbox, a 250r airbox is a pretty simple md though.

I dont know where to start on this subject. It is a awesome running motor if you get it jetted and running properly.

The CT cylinder may be the cadillac of the blaster cylinders, but even cadillac sales lemons and gives BAD customer service and the run around!

Problems i have had! VVVVV

You may get a leaky pipe!
You may get a pre-jetted carburetor that is not jetted right!
You may get a over ported cylinder with a vacuum leak!
Ct racing may skip a bore on you because they cant get any more pistons the size you need for the next 12 month!

Leaky pipe picsVVV
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/leaky-pipe-welds-pictures-27181/

Agitated with CT racing!
http://www.blasterforum.com/off-topic-7/agitated-ct-racing-40495/

vacuum leak VVVV
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/fixing-my-ct-cylinder-41281/

My case trenching pics!
http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/case-trenching-pics-40822/

after bronco's troubles, i'd just order the cylinder from the maker...
LA. Sleeve,
and skip CT Racing's semi port clean-up for extra $, unjetted carb and pipe that can be bought on ebay.
then if you feel the need for more, send it to get your own porting done.

Thanks a lot for the heads up 79,,,, We are still gunna get it. If there's any problems we can fix everything our selves (would definitely kinda suck having to though after dropping that much dough on it) but we shall see. A bunch of my zilla and 250 buddies are running CT products and my uncle is insisting on going to them because you don't see them around too much anymore what with all the other cheaper cookie cutter builders ya know?

Can you remember exactly how much you had to remove to fit the 4-mil?

Like I said, thanks a ton again and ill be sure to give our whole set up a good thrice over. And as far as the carb not being jetted right I was gunna go through the completely carb rejett procedure to check it out. Run two plug chops just to make sure too.

Thanks a lot for the heads up 79,,,, We are still gunna get it. If there's any problems we can fix everything our selves (would definitely kinda suck having to though after dropping that much dough on it) but we shall see. A bunch of my zilla and 250 buddies are running CT products and my uncle is insisting on going to them because you don't see them around too much anymore what with all the other cheaper cookie cutter builders ya know?

Can you remember exactly how much you had to remove to fit the 4-mil?

Like I said, thanks a ton again and ill be sure to give our whole set up a good thrice over. And as far as the carb not being jetted right I was gunna go through the completely carb rejett procedure to check it out. Run two plug chops just to make sure too.

Sorry I dont remember how much we removed. We started with a safe amount then test fitted the 4-mil and used a feeler gage to check the clearance, then cut some more. We had the first half in and out about 4 times checking clearance.

PLEASE do me one BIG FAVOR! When you get the pre-jetted carb, first open it up to see what main jet, pilot jet and needle jet is in it, and post it FOR ME. Then post what jets you are running to get it to run right.

I WANT TO KNOW what jets were suppose to come in my carb.

the concept of a prejetted carb is a joke, snake oil to get you to spend your money. Every motor is different, temperature, elvevation, barometric pressure, the color of your moms bra..it all has an effect on jetting.