Cops took my bike

robert0762

Nov 10, 2008
Baltimore, Md
So i was riding the other day and got caught on the train tracks. Cops came and checked me out then went to my bike. the frame numbers came back good wich i knew they would but whoever had the bike before me ground off the num on the mototr so he took it . I live in maryland . Is there a way i can get my bike back he said he is going to find out if the motor is stolen . so i guess if i do get it back it will be in a hundred peices.any body else ever deal with ne thing like this

damn that sucks dude, iv never had the cops stop or chase me on my quad.
the only time iv ever talked to the cops was on my old sled and they were nice

That sucks man, but why did you buy a bike that had defaced numbers?! that's just asking for trouble. Go to the PD and take ANY paperwork you have on it or for it. Bill of sales, phone numbers of the party you got it from - any and all stuff you can find. I don't know if MD have any registration for off-road vehicles, but what will happen if that your bike will sit in impound until you prove that it's not.
Put the shoe on the other foot too: if you had your bike or motor stolen, wouldn't you want it seized and returned??

thats bull. the engine number doesn't have anything to do with the registration process. I bought my blaster brand new and the title just has the numbers from the frame on it.

I called the local bike shop he said they are id numbers but loke you said they are not listed unless you actually take note of them urself. I'm just hoping he finds a number somewhere and nothing comes back so he has no reason to say its hot so they have to give it back

thats f*cking BALLS. id be so mad. my worst nightmare is when i acualy get the registration signed over to me, that something will come up and they will take it. that will be after the 2500 + all the effort ive put into it. imagine? the deal is, guy i got it from didnt register it to his name, and the guy he bought it from just signed the registration and didnt fill it out, so i can add a date to his name and fill it out and sign it over to me, im hopping that wil end up clean. if not, im f*cked.

If i get f*cked on this wich i no i will cause if they give it back i still have to pay towing and impound fees . but like i was saying if they dont give it back im gonna get me a kick ass banshee

That's rediculous! Maybe they're having problems with stolen quads in your area?? The one time I had to stop for this cop that hates me, riding on the road with hands and lap full of sh*t, he didn't take any numbers down, or even ask if it was registered, just gave me a ticket for unregistered motor vehicle.

talked to the cops today he said he will send someone out to look at it 2morrow but i'll prob have to take the motor out. plus the towing and impound fee is already up to 250 bucks

Anything that has a number ground off you should have been wary or buying? And why are you getting mad at the cops? because you were doing something illegal and got cought. Sounds like you should be mad at yourself.

yeap i know that one, me and my friend got in an accident on a road, and they took both our quads, all the #s were there though, so after 500$ we got em both back, but his banshee was totaled!!..

That's rediculous! Maybe they're having problems with stolen quads in your area?? The one time I had to stop for this cop that hates me, riding on the road with hands and lap full of sh*t, he didn't take any numbers down, or even ask if it was registered, just gave me a ticket for unregistered motor vehicle.

was it on the road? if so it is an unregistered motor vehicle.

Thats not even a motherfucking motor vehicle! Thats bs. And registered, you can't register a an atv for road use (unless its an enduro). And register for off road riding? thats just another scam for those pricks to get your money.

Thats not even a motherfucking motor vehicle! Thats bs. And registered, you can't register a an atv for road use (unless its an enduro). And register for off road riding? thats just another scam for those pricks to get your money.

Technically, it is a motor vehicle. It has an internal combustion engine. The reason you can't register an atv for the road, is because its not meant for the roads. its just a nice way for our local governments to bend you over. This is why I don't wait around for the po-po's.

Your right you cant register them for On road use. thats because they arnt suposed to be on the road. They are off road vehicles. and in cali at least a motor vehicle is any vehicle with an engine greater than 50ccs with 2 or more wheels.

cops like to take everything they can and ask questions later. Why did you stop? It is an "off road" motor vehicle so you should have booked it "off road"
were they ATV cops on 1200cc 4 strokes? Hit the gas , go and ask questions later.

Hit the gas , go and ask questions later.

Yeah, and if the cops know how you are or where you live, and you run - forget it - makes you look guilty as hell when they find ya with defaced numbers. It's a major hassel, but if the bike is you're and you have proof, then you got nothing to worry about. You did the smart thing, like it or not.