Clutch install

With no mods other than the reeds it should smoke less at 24:1 than with oil injection which is about 20:1.

Is the pump disabled?

Ok so i took back apart and adjusted the actuator to line up with the point on the case, but there isnt enough slack in clutch cable to fit into the lever and the actuator. I unscrewed the rod so theres enough leeway to install the cable. Cable installed and feels tight when i pull. I can see the friction plate and clutch plates moving when im pulling the clutch, it looks like only the first three clutch plates are moving but theres no fluid in there. I can see the friction plate and springs moving back and forth but i know the actuator is not lined up properly. The only way i could get the cable in was to adjustt the rod back out. Cant i just compensate by adjusting the cable at the handlebar lever? As opposed to having it lined up at the case first?

Ok so i took back apart and adjusted the actuator to line up with the point on the case, but there isnt enough slack in clutch cable to fit into the lever and the actuator. I unscrewed the rod so theres enough leeway to install the cable. Cable installed and feels tight when i pull. I can see the friction plate and clutch plates moving when im pulling the clutch, it looks like only the first three clutch plates are moving but theres no fluid in there. I can see the friction plate and springs moving back and forth but i know the actuator is not lined up properly. The only way i could get the cable in was to adjustt the rod back out. Cant i just compensate by adjusting the cable at the handlebar lever? As opposed to having it lined up at the case first?

Sorry to resurrect this but did you ever determine why the actuator wasn't moving the friction plates? I am putting my clutch back together the same way, 7 fibers, 6 steels, no judder spring, all fibers are the same size. New pressure rods and ball bearing, bolts on pressure plate torqued correctly, actuator adjusted to the mark on the case. Ken is able to move the actuator in his video with channel locks once everything is together, but I can't get it to do this, it doesn't move at all.