Clutch Adjustment Question

Jul 22, 2021
I just installed my new EBC clutch and rotated the steel plates every 2 groves, does that seem correct?

When I pull the clutch lever, it moves 7-10 mm before you start to feel the tension of the clutch engaging. The clutch pressure plate moves 2-3 mm out, is that the distance it should move?

If I need to adjust the clutch, how should I adjust it? The manual says to loosen a nut on the lever and move the adjusting screw while others on the internet are saying it has something to do with the middle screw on the pressure plate.

There’s a reason for two adjustments.
The pressure plate is kind of a initial adjustment and the lever is to take up cable stretch and point of engagement.

The PP adjustment is set to the pointer to get the proper throw to the plate

I tried adjusting my clutch and I could never get it to work properly, sometime it would not disengage while other times it wouldn't engage.

Anyhow, I realized there was a small rod in place of the ball and I think the previous owner also messed with the pressure plate because it looks like he pressed a new nut to hold the rod before the ball. Here are some pictures, could you please tell me what I need to replace in order to fix my clutch.

20210801_2225413.jpg
202108011_221405.jpg
202120801_221516.jpg