Carnage pics

BustedassYZ

Apr 6, 2010
New Port Richey, Florida
I had this bike for two days X( I was out with a bunch of friends Friday night at a bonfire, I was riding all night for a few hours non stop, giving girls rides, and a few friends took it out. It only got a couple of five min breaks the whole night. Add to the fact that it wasn't running quite right to start, really bad in the mid range, it had been sitting for a few months before I bought it last Thursday so i think the carb is clogged up and it was running lean.

One of my friends was riding it when it happened, The dumbass said it started boging out, then kept down shifting to keep it revving X( When he got it back on the back of someones truck it was locked up, by time I got it home it cooled down and would turn over real easy. And this is what I found when I oped her up. The exhaust port is covered with aluminum, and the pipe had chunks in it and has a gray aluminum coating in it now. Any ideas how to get all that out?

Ive already got a piston kit and main bearings on order, Sending the Crank out today to get rebuilt. And gonna take the jug the get bored when the piston get here, Hopefully it will be running by the end of the week

0411001739.jpg

0411001740.jpg

0411001740a.jpg

man...that sucks. just try running a garden hose through the pipe to see if the stuff comes out. i usually use dish soap to help loosen stuff up, but purple power or anthing else can work too

One of my friends was riding it when it happened, The dumbass said it started boging out, then kept down shifting to keep it revving

Well Not to sound harsh, but the DA would be you, by continuing to ride a bike thats not running right and allowing other people to ride your bike when its not running right. Now, instead of parking it because it wasn't running right, then doing a leakdown test... instead of it costing you 5 bucks in jets or maybe $20 in new seals or gaskets, it's going to cost you $50 for the bore, $90 for a piston and rings, $250 for a crank, main bearings and seals, $45 in gaskets....and weeks of riding time as you get it fixed.

Reactions: motoman9911
Well Not to sound harsh, but the DA would be you, by continuing to ride a bike thats not running right and allowing other people to ride your bike when its not running right. Now, instead of parking it because it wasn't running right, then doing a leakdown test... instead of it costing you 5 bucks in jets or maybe $20 in new seals or gaskets, it's going to cost you $50 for the bore, $90 for a piston and rings, $250 for a crank, main bearings and seals, $45 in gaskets....and weeks of riding time as you get it fixed.

Trust me I know, its my fault.... Live and learn though.

Now I'm just playing the waiting game for parts. I ordered a bolt kit from Snyder Motorsports. After dealing with them on the phone I have feeling there stuff isn't gonna be here till next week.

I'm gonna tear the carb down tonight. is there another bike that has a carb cap that will work so I can completely get rid of the TORS crap?

Trust me I know, its my fault.... Live and learn though.

Now I'm just playing the waiting game for parts. I ordered a bolt kit from Snyder Motorsports. After dealing with them on the phone I have feeling there stuff isn't gonna be here till next week.

I'm gonna tear the carb down tonight. is there another bike that has a carb cap that will work so I can completely get rid of the TORS crap?

you can get a tors removal kit off feebay.

Yeah, that piston looked pretty F%#KED UP!!! I just installed the Motion Pro TORS delete kit earlier today. Easy install and works like a gem. Better throttle response and better idle. Be sure and get the idle screw with the kit.

Got the carby cleaned out tonight, everything looked great inside, no varnish or gum, no clogged jets, needle and seat are good. I raised the needle up one position, just to be on the safe side.

That TORS delete cap is pretty slick. Ive got a 34mm Keihin PE carb I'd be willing to trade for a Delete cap setup, but I need more posts before I can start a thread in the For sale section.