Carbon Build up on Exhaust Port

EZRider76

Feb 23, 2012
WNY
While doing a few things to my Blaster tonight, I did a little inspecting of the Piston and Cylinder wall, from peaking thru the intake with the reed cage removed, and the exhaust port. While looking thru the exhaust port, it appeared to be pretty coated with carbon build up. From reading a few other threads I understand that is ok, but how much is too much? Other than completely closed?

1-1/2 seasons running maxima super M @ 32:1 has yeilded me a small, light carbon star on the piston crown, and almost zero in the exhaust port
as larry's shee would put it...your results may vary

my maxima super m is amazing i have run 3.5 tanks threw it and it still looks new absolutely no black on it like the klotz oil

1-1/2 seasons running maxima super M @ 32:1 has yeilded me a small, light carbon star on the piston crown, and almost zero in the exhaust port
as larry's shee would put it...your results may vary

What would clean it off now, without chipping and flaking? And definitely not fueling with the AFR. It seems pretty thick on there, kinda wondering if that isn't causing me other problems figuring out the carb.

Turn the piston till it covers the exhaust port. Use a vac to suck the crap out . Be carful not to scar the piston when cleaning. After you clean it, you can polish it to help keep the carbon from sticking. Info on how to do it is in the Ken O'Conner porting vids.

Turn the piston till it covers the exhaust port. Use a vac to suck the crap out . Be carful not to scar the piston when cleaning. After you clean it, you can polish it to help keep the carbon from sticking. Info on how to do it is in the Ken O'Conner porting vids.

Sweet, thanks. Again though, is there a "limit" that might be too much? What should be the minimum ID of the exhaust port?