Blaster swap into YSR50

Street legal CR500AF I built myself a couple years ago. It's a mean bastard of a bike.
DSC02525.jpg

IMG00096-20090531-2246.jpg

Had a slow period for a while, busy with work. Picked up my engine parts from my machinist. Nothing like nice new shiny engine parts. Good thing I did the rod too, since the big end was pitted badly on the pin and needles.
IMG01711-20120328-2025.jpg

IMG01712-20120328-2030.jpg

It's an addiction. Once you get your rod polished you'll want it done all the time.

It's something I do now with all my builds as a habit. I have all kinds of engines from stroked crf50 to 520ci BBC.

I just wanna go fast - Ricky Bobby

I had mine done locally by a guy that does all the local racers stuff. He's been doing my mx stuff for years.

Finally made some time for the swap. Got the cases all cleaned up and put the bottom end together tonight. Used some Vito's parts to get it together. SS bolt kit and the clutch rod kit, as well as the reeds. Just need to get O connor to do the head mod and i'll put it in the frame for good.
IMG01935-20120510-2117.jpg

Sweet! I can't believe how shiny those cases are! I have to get some glass beads for my sand blaster

Some real nice work going on here. Can't wait for the ride vid. Love the look of the cases. I may do that to mine with some clear powdercoat .

Sweet! I can't believe how shiny those cases are! I have to get some glass beads for my sand blaster

Baking soda or salt are probably a better idea unless you have a real good cleaning method. Glass beads have a nasty way of hiding in the corners only to be loosened with oil. Baking soda or salt clean up with water very well.

Steve Best

Baking soda or salt are probably a better idea unless you have a real good cleaning method. Glass beads have a nasty way of hiding in the corners only to be loosened with oil. Baking soda or salt clean up with water very well.

Steve Best
Good call, I have a parts washer and blow through/tap every hole before assembly, but most people don't have access to that.

Got the swingarm extended 2 inches and added the upper brace hoop. Looks sweet and serves a purpose when quadrupling the HP hahah.

IMG01941-20120512-1202.jpg

Too cheap to pay $30 for a plate of steel with 2 holes and I didn't want to leave the pump in place so I made up my own blockoff for the oil pump. Finishing the engine tonight and just waiting for the head to come back from Oconnor brfore it goes into the frame that's now curing in my furnace room. Was up late getting the bottom end finished up and the top end is done and ready for the o connor head now. Used a Vito's clutch pushrod kit and stainless bolt kit to get rid of ugly hardware that look like wood screws.
IMG01959-20120515-2151.jpg

IMG01960-20120516-0104.jpg

IMG01961-20120516-0116.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tfaith08