Blaster swap into YSR50

Depending on what the front plastics look like, a one piece radiator from a 98-99 cr125/250 might do the trick if it isn't to wide.

Mocked up the tank, lower fairing and it's looking like it's going to be too tough to get the rad hidden and power valve motor hidden inside the fairing and tank without cutting the bodywork up a ton. The only other option would be to run it naked which I don't want to do. Ive got so much time and $ into the blaster motor anyway it's a shame not to use it.

So i'll either be selling the dt200 engine complete, or keeping the bottom end for the taller trans ratios and selling the dt top end for someone wanting to do a swap onto a blaster. I paid $650usd shipped for the dt complete so I might be married to it.

No worries, you can make as much power with the aircooled engine. You will like that DT200 gearbox on the road however. It wasn't a waste. My guess is you will get most of your money back for the top end if you have all the gear.

Steve

Back to plan A. Now I know the engine fits in and made up an air intake, I can start running the harness back through it and getting the suspension done.
20150123_160211_zpsdoqqyuj3.jpg

Got a bunch more done on the bike. Just waiting on some nice stainless hardware so I can start final assembly on the big parts. Blaster motor is staying in for sure now. DT200 setup is going on ebay I guess. Tried to post it for sale on here but won't let me post in the classifieds for some reason.

Got a bunch more done on the bike. Just waiting on some nice stainless hardware so I can start final assembly on the big parts. Blaster motor is staying in for sure now. DT200 setup is going on ebay I guess. Tried to post it for sale on here but won't let me post in the classifieds for some reason.
i think you need 3 likes to post in there

Back to plan A. Now I know the engine fits in and made up an air intake, I can start running the harness back through it and getting the suspension done.
20150123_160211_zpsdoqqyuj3.jpg
Sorry to dredge up amega old post but I am getting to this same project thats been sitting for several years.I have been looking for a facotry paint code for the factory silver frame color. Looks like you got it right on an wanted to see if you tell me what you used. Also been trying to get more images and/or measurements for the engine cradle modification. Or if there is anyone who still outsources this mode still? Thank you

9 years later, I actually still have this thing and will try to add some updates shortly haha. I’ve built a bunch of cars, trucks and motorcycles in the meantime but the ysr has hung in there. Slowest build thread ever!

Reactions: Whatsup2day
9 years later, I actually still have this thing and will try to add some updates shortly haha. I’ve built a bunch of cars, trucks and motorcycles in the meantime but the ysr has hung in there. Slowest build thread ever!
I guess you're not really interested in it if you don't take the time to do it. I too had an old bike that I had been fixing up for 5 years. Still haven't done it yet.

Apparently I didn't have notifications set for this thread and happened to check back as I too let mine sit for a long time and am looking back into it. I would appreciate if you could help me by describing the mods you had to do to get the blaster motor fit. Kick start cut out, front cradle / motor mount add on. Did the ysr sing arm pivot go through the back of the blaster motor mount? Did you have to cut the YSR swing arm pivot point? How did you align the motors drive sprocket to the rear sprocket? Anything specific around getting the motor / carb to the correct level? Thank you,