Blaster swap into YSR50

kball

Jun 1, 2011
I just got my frame mods finished to accept the blaster engine. Split the cases on the blaster engine I have and found one pair of the trans gears was chewed up. Good thing I have two engines to choose from.

I bought two blasters a while back to use as donors. I'll be getting the crank rebuilt, probably try the Oconnor porting explained in the videos I found. I'll be posting pics as I go.

Sweet! Those little bikes look really fun, even more fun with that blasty engine! The more pics the better I:I

Here it is as I got it:
IMG00787-20110512-1701.jpg

Thanks! I wanted a YSR since I was a kid. Now they're all beat up junkers unless you go through them this much. I'll take a few more pics later tonight if where i'm at now.

Got my bare cases cleaned up and set in the frame. Everything looks sweet and there's lots of space with this engine. It's actually not a lot bogger than the stock 50cc externally.
IMG01612-20120225-1500.jpg

Looks to be on it's way to a wicked little machine. Can't wait to see the outcome dude.

Followed the O'connor videos and cleaned up my ports following his instructions. Turned out decent, it's hard to have a steady hand, just take it slow and don't get too greeedy. I'm sending it out to get bored now and get the new rod pressed on so I can get the engine back together.
IMG01624-20120228-1835.jpg

looks like it'll be a riot when it's done!!!

did you get that pipe off of ebay? there was one on there that was designed for this swap

Haha yeah man, I bid like crazy on it and won. Tommy Crawford isn't making these anymore and they work sweet. It was a good score even though it's a bit beat up. I'm stoked to ride this thing in the summer.

Got my cases stripped down and glass beaded em at work last night. Ready for new bearings and the crank when I get it back.
IMG01656-20120310-1452.jpg