Blaster swap into YSR50

...this month's " any updates?" post. I really can't wait to see how this thing turns out. Whatever you do, don't forget to post a video. Seeing this thing up on one wheel or leaned over, dragging a knee would be beyond awesome....I:I

This was posted a year ago, either the guy quit the forum or the project...
Sorry guys, none of the above is true. Fact is, i've been travelling all year. North and South America, and Europe. The YSR is sitting in the garage waiting for me. It's been a bike i've always wanted to build my way- stock looking as possible with some decent power. Anyway Jan i'm hoping to get some final assembly done and trial fitting the Pipe and fairings to trim where needed before sending them out for paint.
Stay tuned for some sweet 927 burning action.

Long time since an update, but there has been some progress. I got the wheels and tires mounted and hubs reassembled.

TT92 tires

Attachments

• 20140306_205916.jpg
    20140306_205916.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 392
  • 20140306_205810.jpg
    20140306_205810.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 362
Also may be a major redirect in the power plant program. After spending a ton of time and money building a mint engine from the best parts of two engines, I came across a DT200 thats probably going to be my choice. Might be listing the blaster engine for sale.

Attachments

• 20140306_205600.jpg
    20140306_205600.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 579
There was recently a dt200 engine and ysr frame seperetly on e bay,, It never hit reserve.. Whole new bottom end in the Dt.. Might be something you want to look into. They also had listings for all kinds of things for that swap. Electrical etc.. If I come across it again I will post it for ya..

Thanks jusme. Thats the one I ended up getting. Was on the other side of the country but we worked out a deal and I got a pile of stuff from him. Now im stuck deciding whether to sell the blaster engine I built from throwaway parts of two engines, every new bearing, crank, oconnor port job and head rework or sell off the dt. Dt engine looks decent but I know the blaster 200 I built is 100%

Hahaha gotta love autocorrct on androids. Turns the words 'the best' to throwaway.

Yeah that's funny.. Makes sense though but total opposite,, Throwaway parts:confused: and the best parts:D,,

I was curious to if someone grabbed that dt motor. Nice to see you got it. You have yourself a situation on what motor to chose there. If you can,, than keep both. If it were to go on the road I would say the dt since its geared for that and being liquid cooled and all set up already with electrical and all..
Keep us posted....

The dt engine is very complete and I got all the swap cables etc. I still might take the cyl off so I can measure the bore and check the crank. Working in a machine shop makes me very particular about other peoples work.

Only odd thing was the shifter seal was missing entirely. Its the same as a blaster seal and im sure i have one. He did say it had a leak.

I have been anxiously watching this FOREVER! :)
I have some experience with the DT200 and my son has this engine in a Blaster, working powervalve and all. We have been able to make as much power and torque with a ported aircooled cylinder as the stock DT200 engine, and avoid the complication of a radiator and water pump. Feel confident you can build lots of power with the air cooled cylinder. Get it on! Steve

Been working out of town too much to give this build the time it needs to be a clean well sorted bike, so I boxed it all up until fall again. Better to hold off than rush through and do a hack job. It's going to look factory stock when i'm done.

So I finally dragged the ysr stuff off the shelves and back onto my workbench. I've decided to run the DT200 and probably sell off the blaster engine I spent so much time rebuilding/restoring. Now i've got to find a rad that'll fit nice and tig up some brackets for it and the power valve motor. This is just the first mockup and i'm sure it'll be in and out of there a bunch more before it's torqued up. But it looks good in there...
20150112_233157_zpspirobshx.jpg