Blaster in SCORE San Felipe 250

fastring

Mar 16, 2010
No mames!! SF250

Hey. Just finished racing my blaster in the SCORE San Felipe 250. I dont have my pics up but there are a few in the above Mexican forum. The blaster finished but not in the 11hr time (took ~12.5hrs). Its stock except:
- exhaust, 4gal IMS tank, K&N airfilter, nerfs and a Honda 400EX rear shock.

What a great experience.

thats awesome man, someday i'd love to try something like that. with a little bit more suspension work you should be able to make a little better time

Its hard to say about the fuel. Heres what I know:

- before the new 4g IMS tank: I thought I would run about 50 to 55 miles on a tank.
- New tank roughly doubles the range
- I signed up with Mag7 pits that run 50 to 55 miles apart. For the SF250, they were every 50 miles exactly.
- When I hit pit 1 at mile 50, they said I took ~2.5 gallons. That sounded about right if a little high.
- When I hit pit 2 at mile 100, they said I took 4 gallons, thats impossible but I understand how they confuse it having worked the pits before. They must have grabbed a can roughly 1/2 full and emptied it and thought it was full.
- My buddy missed pit 3 at mile 150 and ran out of fuel several miles short of pit 4 at mile 200. He had to bum fuel off a local, who siphoned it out of his vw.

I used to dream of racing there. Gotta be an awesome experience, congrats on the finish!
Many other Blasters in the race?

Score used to have a 200cc atv class, used to be popular too, class 23 I won the baja 1000 on a blaster in that class in 1988. You really need my desert chassis and you would kill, longer wheelbase and mega travel. where are you located? If you need suspension help, let me know... I know a lot of tricks that will make desert racing much nicer on a blaster. Been to San Felipe many times, How did you like the whoops near zoo road?????hehehehe

Attachments

• 340-Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21_03_.JPG
    340-Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21_03_.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited: