Blaster Fix up!

Sprockets:

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

My swingarm is in horriable shape if i knew it was this bad i woulda tore it down before this.

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

What worried me was this.. Looks like the inside of the swing arm is breaking, or is that a bushing?

019.jpg

020.jpg

That's what it looks like after the needle bearings turn to powder and disappear. I suggest coating the bolt with anti-seize on assembly. Might think about grease zerks for the bearings too.

Grease Zerks?

Grease nipples, that you put a grease gun on and pump the grease in.

A word on the sprockets "Trash", both of them.

Promise me you will not even dream of fitting a new chain on them.

PS, I have stolen the sprocket pics for my data bank.

brake disc dust boots.......
Yamaha Blaster Axle Dust Boots Seals and Clamps | eBay

my experience is you can't find the castle nuts needed for the ball joints or the axles at the local hardware store, this is the only nut or bolt my local ace hardware has failed me on, the grooves in those castle nuts were not deep enuf to hit the hole with the cotter pins

i'd order the correct ones from ebay ?
Yamaha Blaster Banshee ATV Rear Axle Castle Hub Nuts and Washers Nut Washer | eBay

or bikebandit.com or your local dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
brake disc dust boots.......
Yamaha Blaster Axle Dust Boots Seals and Clamps | eBay

my experience is you can't find the castle nuts needed for the ball joints or the axles at the local hardware store, this is the only nut or bolt my local ace hardware has failed me on, the grooves in those castle nuts were not deep enuf to hit the hole with the cotter pins

i'd order the correct ones from ebay ?
Yamaha Blaster Banshee ATV Rear Axle Castle Hub Nuts and Washers Nut Washer | eBay

or bikebandit.com or your local dealer.

Thank you for that dust cover link!

And i meant what size wrench, i'm trying to get them off but i don't have the wrench size.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as what to "call" a part, any site with stock Yammy parts is good to look at. I use Bike Bandit. Next time I go out for a smoke I'll see what size the nuts are.

I just ordered a 14 might as well try it, you think i should go up or down for my rear sprocket too?

Do you realise that if you run that new 14 with an old chain you are tempting providence.

The old chain will quickly wear the new 14 out.

I have experienced times that an old chain has broken trying to accomodate the pitch of the new sprocket.

Sprockets and chains should be kept as matching sets.