Blaster Fix up!

Longview

Mar 16, 2012
Attleboro, Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I don't know if any of you guys have seen a couple of my threads about my 2000 Blaster, but it needs a new top end.

So i thought i would start a thread because i'll be fixing up little things as i rebuild my engine as well.

Well she started like this:

007.jpg

Then i thought she needed rings:

005.jpg

Now it's turned into a Top end rebuild:

0042.jpg

0102.jpg

0062.jpg

0072.jpg

002.jpg

I don't know what this part of the piston is called, But the part where the fuel travels in, has a crack all the way through it, so go thing i decided to do this rebuild when i did!

I don't know how good you can see the crack:

0092.jpg

0052.jpg

0082.jpg

And who ever had it before me like, used that spray gasket stuff on the reeds:

003.jpg

Should i just pry it off? I didn't really try and work it too much, just with my bare hands.

I tried to get the carb squeaky clean but i didn't have any carb cleaner.

0112.jpg

I need a new pipe, unless i can get this rust out? I don't own a buffer so i don't think i have many options. Any suggestions?

012.jpg

And i want to clean up my electrical but i have no idea what to keep and what to get rid off!

013.jpg

I suggest a manual... there is one in the stickys here somewhere...

there is lots of stuff in the DIY here... thats how I have figured out my mods... but I also have a background in building race bikes...

I suggest if you dont know and are not 100% confident in what you need to do then find someone to help you.

wouldnt want to see you put a bunch of work into it and have it not run.

I suggest a manual... there is one in the stickys here somewhere...

there is lots of stuff in the DIY here... thats how I have figured out my mods... but I also have a background in building race bikes...

I suggest if you dont know and are not 100% confident in what you need to do then find someone to help you.

wouldnt want to see you put a bunch of work into it and have it not run.

Yeah, I wasn't planing on even touching the electrical.

Toss that pipe and get an aftermarket one, and give the rebuild a chance to surprize you!

I would toss the pipe if i could afford it!

I just actually painted it ( Sanded it down with a sanding wheel ), with High temp paint, I was thinking of enameling over it. But will It withstand the heat since it's over the heat paint?

Not a great picture, but didn't have a lot of light, I still need to put a couple more coats on it.
001.jpg