Blaster Fix up!

Finished up my pipe, and put the first coat on my rims!

005-1.jpg

004.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

I know i took the easy way out on the rim's. But as you can see from the picture's they are pretty beat up. When i need to replace the tires, I'm going the replace my Rims too.

Finished the Front wheels and mounted them up.

002-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

I'm not sure if these are seals to be honest, but it looks like they need replacing, along with my swing arm spacers, i've got a little side to side play with the swing arms.

001-2.jpg

And while prepping the back wheels i noticed someone painted them orange are some time. Such an ugly color.

003-2.jpg

Wow mine's a 2000 also and I thought mine was in bad shape, I guess I should stop complaining about mine. You or the previous owner must've drove that thing pretty hard. Looks good though, was the bumper painted when you got it or did you do it? Because I had a huge dent in mine about half as deep as the pipe, so I drilled a hole in the back, heated it up and pounded it back out, so I have to repaint and I'm wondering what's the best way to make sure that it stays.

Wow mine's a 2000 also and I thought mine was in bad shape, I guess I should stop complaining about mine. You or the previous owner must've drove that thing pretty hard. Looks good though, was the bumper painted when you got it or did you do it? Because I had a huge dent in mine about half as deep as the pipe, so I drilled a hole in the back, heated it up and pounded it back out, so I have to repaint and I'm wondering what's the best way to make sure that it stays.

Yeah, the guy was clearly a hick. The type that knows nothing about anything and if it runs, it's good enough. No hate against hicks. I'd consider myself a redneck, the ignorant ones are the ones i hate.

That bumper came painted, but if you sand it down, and clean it up, then put like 3-4 coats of paint on, then another 3-4 of gloss it shouldn't chip too bad. I haven't hit anything with it yet ( Knock on wood ), so the paint is holding up good.

I found out i have a Hot rod Crank, and I think a Wiseco piston. So it's not all bad now i know at least one person had opened this thing up.

I snapped a Reed screw, the ones mounting it too the cylinder, anyone know where i can get replacements? And should i put a gaskets in between my reeds and my cylinder?

Looks like its coming along good.

Thanks. After the top end, a new pipe and a few other things it should be running mint.

I do have a small oil leak somewhere in my gaskets. X(
I haven't be able to pin point it either. I would split the cases, but i don't really know how. You think Ken would do that if i paid him? Since if i give it to him He'll already have the engine out of the bike.

If not you think i could seal it from the outside using some RTV Gasket maker?

Thanks. After the top end, a new pipe and a few other things it should be running mint.

I do have a small oil leak somewhere in my gaskets. X(
I haven't be able to pin point it either. I would split the cases, but i don't really know how. You think Ken would do that if i paid him? Since if i give it to him He'll already have the engine out of the bike.

If not you think i could seal it from the outside using some RTV Gasket maker?

Not an option! .

If the leak is in the crankcase the leak down test will find it.

If it is in the gearbox you could lightly pressurise, only lightly though just a few psi, the breather tube to accellerate the leak to see where it is..

If it is the gearbox there is no need to split the cases.

If the leak is in the crankcase the leak down test will find it.

If it is in the gearbox you could lightly pressurise the breather tube to accellerate the leak to see where it is..

If it is the gearbox there is no need to split the cases.

It's right down the center of the engine, under it, near the mount under the swing arm mount/bolt.

Gear box is right side of my engine right?

So i'd have to split the cases for this leak since it's in the middle.

Last edited:
Pressurise the gear breather to see if any oil seeps out, that will tell you if it is the gearbox prob.

Old trick, not for the faint hearted.

Take a sample of your 2 stroke oil and your gear oil.

Taste (yes taste) with the tip of your tounge the oil in the puddle, and then taste the sample oil. They taste different.

That should tell what type of oil it is, and where it came from.

.................................................................................................................................

Warning children this advice should not be taken without the expressed permission of your parents!

And i rode, a buddy of mines blaster today, and noticed how gutless mine seems compared to him. And the other day when i was reassembling my Blaster i noticed it didn't have an exhaust gasket.

Would that be why i can hardly spit up any dirt/Drift corners? It felt like My buddy's had a lot more bottom end. :-/

Now I'm thinking i have an air leak? Correct me if I'm wrong but that would steal some of my bottom end right?

And i rode, a buddy of mines blaster today, and noticed how gutless mine seems compared to him. And the other day when i was reassembling my Blaster i noticed it didn't have an exhaust gasket.

Would that be why i can hardly spit up any dirt/Drift corners? It felt like My buddy's had a lot more bottom end. :-/

Now I'm thinking i have an air leak? Correct me if I'm wrong but that would steal some of my bottom end right?

Steal power from everywhere, and add heat to top end, result $$$$