Blaster Fix up!

Well Two stroke oil kinda has a texture, and numbed my tongue a little bit.

And Gear oil was smooth and kinda fishy. And that was the winner. I'm leaking gear oil.

Should i just put my compressor hose into the vent tube and spray?

Whoa boy!

Not the compressor at full pressure.

Turn down the pressure to around 7psi, or you will blow the oil seals.

Steal power from everywhere, and add heat to top end, result $$$$

Well, that would be the answer i was looking for. Probably the reason why i had to replace the top end as soon as a got it, the PO was an idiot!

I'm going to look at it, i don't remember seeing one, unless they stick to the pipe, which even if that's true, i don't remember seeing one.

Whoa boy!

Not the compressor at full pressure.

Turn down the pressure to around 7psi, or you will blow the oil seals.

Speaking of idiots, good thing i read this before i tried myself!

if the leak is in the crankcase the leak down test will find it.

If it is in the gearbox you could lightly pressurise, only lightly though just a few psi, the breather tube to accellerate the leak to see where it is..

If it is the gearbox there is no need to split the cases.

/\ /\ /\ .

???????????????????????????

Exhaust gasket. I took some pictures, because i've never seen an exhaust gasket in my life. B)

But I'm pretty sure it's not there. But just to be sure:

004-3.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-4.jpg

001-5.jpg

None, mine fit with no prob. The 450r has an offset resi so it's not so easy. KOR sells the bushing/bolt kit for forum members for cheap. That's it, bolt it on and you'll love the difference.

The 400ex had a long travel like the banshee. The blaster doesnt need and it's a direct mount so no linkage is not required. If you find a good one with linkage, simply remove it. Easy cheesy man!

Reactions: Longview
The 400ex had a long travel like the banshee. The blaster doesnt need and it's a direct mount so no linkage is not required. If you find a good one with linkage, simply remove it. Easy cheesy man!

Alrighty, thanks. I:I

How much are rebuilds on those? I've been seeing a lot of older ones with leaking seals for like 50 bucks, would it be better to just rebuild or buy one in usable condition, money wise.