Best Manual to Buy

Leines

Jul 12, 2010
Im very new to engines in general... i got a blaster in trade that needs an engine rebuild... im hoping to get a manual so i can tear it down and put it back together... i downloaded the manual on the site.. but it is for a service person who isnt a rookie.... ive heard cylmer is a good one.. i checked my local library and there wasnt any there.... does anyone know if there is a pdf of that manual?? Ill end up buying one of them anyway... so which ones should i invest the money in???

Cheers
Leines

thanks.. i already downloaded that manual after using a forum search to see any threads with manuals.... Its for someone with more knowledge them myself i believe.... im looking for something a rookie could use.. assuming im not a complete idiot, and i will have some professional help/advice should i get stuck on something..

I think ill start to look for a used cylmer manual online..... worse case ill just amazon myself a new one..

Cheers

well you cant be a complete idiot, you had enuf sense to realize whats outta your league and ask for help !!!!,so the clymer manual is easier to use ???? kinda like "blasters for dummies" ??????

Im very new to engines in general... i got a blaster in trade that needs an engine rebuild... im hoping to get a manual so i can tear it down and put it back together... i downloaded the manual on the site.. but it is for a service person who isnt a rookie.... ive heard cylmer is a good one.. i checked my local library and there wasnt any there.... does anyone know if there is a pdf of that manual?? Ill end up buying one of them anyway... so which ones should i invest the money in???

Cheers
Leines

Let me know if you find the pdf and I'll do the same. Ive also been looking for a manual that is easier to use.

I honestly have just never tried to fix engines before... I can tear down a laptop and clean everything and put it all back together without a manual... so i assume with a bit of direction and a lot of online research i should be able to rebuild this blaster... I live on a farm and have a lot of small engines around here from lawn tractors to stihl chainsaws and brushcutters.... so i figured it would be a good idea to learn to fix some of these engines myself and save the cash.... blaster is a total basketcase.. so i cant make it any worse then it is by trying.... why not have a crack at it....

Still havent been able to find a pdf of the cylmer so i think ill start the search for a used copy online...

Is the hanes manual any good??

Cheers

The only way you can make it any worse than it is now is to throw every piece of it in the recycle bin and walk away...

Just take your time and read the factory yamaha manual. You're right, it is designed for people who have a bit of knowledge about engine already. It's supposed to be a "supplement" to basic engine knowledge... but most of the manuals are...

I've never even seen a clymers or haynes for a blaster. I have experience with clymers and haynes for other vehicles and they both are pretty decent at explaining what's going on with pictures and plain english. If you can find either one of those you should be good to go.

I bought the clymer manual for the blaster today on ebay with the manual for my older trailboss atvs... I went out today and started to tear down the bike, removed all plastics and gas tanks and all that jazz.. removed carb... i basically got the bike to where i need to remove two bolts and the engine looks like it will come out... also got to look inside the top end..and the piston is moving freely in the clylinder... so thats hopeful i guess... at least it isnt seized right?? anyway...manual should be here in the next two weeks.. ill prolly get the itch to get at it before then once i get the engine out.. i might just stick to tearing down the frame until the manual comes..

cheers

Ill see if maybe my uncle has that... im thinking i might take the engine to his shop, so i can work on it there with his tools..and his supervision..and leave the tearing apart the frame and repainting the frame and then the putting everything back together part for doing here on the farm.. where my tools are limited..... Thanks for the tip tho... ill leave all the hard stuff until the manual gets here.. so that i dont mess anything up..

Cheers