New and need help

EddieBert

Jun 5, 2020
So I am new to the whole ATV game. I purchased a stock 2001 blaster. I took the Blaster for a ride a few weeks ago and after riding it sounded funny so I checked the trans fluid through the sight tube after I cleaned the window and there wasnt any. So me thinking I’m doing the right thing I add about 1/4 of fluid to fill the sight tube back up between the lines which I use belray 75W. Took it for a ride and 2 mins in it started to pour out thru the tube upfront I’m assuming it’s the overflow. I drained the fluid and changed the head gasket because it was leaking air. Now I took it for a ride and it jus died on me. Idk where to start at with looking or fixing. I just order a paperback users manual and it should be here within a few days. I premix 32:1 and I unplugged the oil injection from the tank. Since the blaster won’t start I was going to install the oil delete Kit I got from vitos. What do I plug the crank case and carb with after pulling the black hose out of the carb? Only other mod is the TORS delete was done. Where do I start?

So I am new to the whole ATV game. I purchased a stock 2001 blaster. I took the Blaster for a ride a few weeks ago and after riding it sounded funny so I checked the trans fluid through the sight tube after I cleaned the window and there wasnt any. So me thinking I’m doing the right thing I add about 1/4 of fluid to fill the sight tube back up between the lines which I use belray 75W. Took it for a ride and 2 mins in it started to pour out thru the tube upfront I’m assuming it’s the overflow. I drained the fluid and changed the head gasket because it was leaking air. Now I took it for a ride and it jus died on me. Idk where to start at with looking or fixing. I just order a paperback users manual and it should be here within a few days. I premix 32:1 and I unplugged the oil injection from the tank. Since the blaster won’t start I was going to install the oil delete Kit I got from vitos. What do I plug the crank case and carb with after pulling the black hose out of the carb? Only other mod is the TORS delete was done. Where do I start?
A good place to start was ordering. The repair manual .since the bike is new to you. You should run a compression test.you said you put on new head gasket? How did cylinder look? Air leaks create a lean condition . leakdown test the engine also would be a good idea .to check the health of the engine. If you can post acouple pics of where trans oil is coming out would help.check reeds also.they should seal tight. No cracks or missing pieces. Check spark plug.if fouled replace.good idea to have extra plugs on hand

Reactions: Tankbuster
A good place to start was ordering. The repair manual .since the bike is new to you. You should run a compression test.you said you put on new head gasket? How did cylinder look? Air leaks create a lean condition . leakdown test the engine also would be a good idea .to check the health of the engine. If you can post acouple pics of where trans oil is coming out would help.check reeds also.they should seal tight. No cracks or missing pieces. Check spark plug.if fouled replace.good idea to have extra plugs on hand
What’s a good number for the compression test? Gonna go get a kit from the store in the am. I did not check the reeds and I changed the spark plug when I changed the Head gasket. I did order a new oem top End just in case something was wrong with what I have and I plan on ordering some new boysen power reeds since im going to be checking them anyway.
532C93E6-9918-47C5-8E2A-A8C36C2FFFEE.jpeg

Attachments

• E716DF60-D5BF-4F7D-B477-1E72D61C8F78.jpeg
    E716DF60-D5BF-4F7D-B477-1E72D61C8F78.jpeg
    711.9 KB · Views: 132
Looks like some blowby going on there.see the black stain around and below the rings.100 is low. But will ussualy run.lose of power will be noticeable.120 or better is ok on a stock head stock piston.if. clearances are off and compression is low you can have you cylinder bored to the next size to fit the next size up piston.

You may still be getting oil from oil injection.if line is still hooked up to side of carb. Needs to be unplugged and capped off. And if premixing could be a problem.
Piston looks well lubed:rolleyes:

What’s a good number for the compression test? Gonna go get a kit from the store in the am. I did not check the reeds and I changed the spark plug when I changed the Head gasket. I did order a new oem top End just in case something was wrong with what I have and I plan on ordering some new boysen power reeds since im going to be checking them anyway. View attachment 34696
The fluid was coming out of a clear tube to the front end of the blaster by the
Looks like some blowby going on there.see the black stain around and below the rings.100 is low. But will ussualy run.lose of power will be noticeable.120 or better is ok on a stock head stock piston.if. clearances are off and compression is low you can have you cylinder bored to the next size to fit the next size up piston.

You may still be getting oil from oil injection.if line is still hooked up to side of carb. Needs to be unplugged and capped off. And if premixing could be a problem.
Piston looks well lubed:rolleyes:
What’s blow by? And I unhooked the oil tank so there shouldn’t be any coming out but I do need to plug the carb and the crank case correct? And how do I lube the piston?

Rule #1...... buy a repair manual!!!

Reactions: Slydog
The fluid was coming out of a clear tube to the front end of the blaster by the

What’s blow by? And I unhooked the oil tank so there shouldn’t be any coming out but I do need to plug the carb and the crank case correct? And how do I lube the piston?
Blowby is compression gasses getting by piston rings.thats the black color you are seeing by and below piston rings. The piston is lubed by premixing 32:1. Premixi oil and gas. Or using the factory oil injection. Can't run both. Has to be one or the other. Us only a good quality premix oil designed for motorcycles. Don't use chainsaw oil ect

Did you do a compression test?

Blowby is compression gasses getting by piston rings.thats the black color you are seeing by and below piston rings. The piston is lubed by premixing 32:1. Premixi oil and gas. Or using the factory oil injection. Can't run both. Has to be one or the other. Us only a good quality premix oil designed for motorcycles. Don't use chainsaw oil ect

Did you do a compression test?
I didnt do the official block off kit but I am going to. I did unplug it The oil mix wires and plug the bottom line to the crank case. I am mixing 32:1 with Klotz Benol. I ran the compression test with the kit from harbor freight and the compression was at like 70 but I noticed some nuts were lose on the head. So ima get some new nuts and try again tomorrow. What would b the next step?

Next step would be insure washers are under the nuts for the head and tourqe in 2 or three steps to 20ft-lbs. Start at like 5 then 12 then 20ft-lbs in the correct sequence .a criss cross pattern. Then recheck compression.new gaskets? Somtimes cheap compression testers are inaccurate. 70 is low