Banshee owners....

He said and I quote it makes so much power it has to spin all the time or it will just burn out the clutch I went through two in 4 months with razrs on the back I haven't put another one in since I switched to bald tires lol

That is one person I would not get a bike from.

He said and I quote it makes so much power it has to spin all the time or it will just burn out the clutch I went through two in 4 months with razrs on the back I haven't put another one in since I switched to bald tires lol
It really sounds to me like someone doesn't know how to either use a clutch or doesnt know how to adjust a clutch to be honest. My whole time owning a banshee and running holeshots I have never burned out the clutch. Matter a fact, I've never burned a clutch out period. I've changed them on used machines I picked up, but never had to replace them after that.

My lt with a 40 tooth sprocket on the rear and brand new razrs on the back will pretty much spin anywhere struggles a little on pavement though

Normal oil changes and proper adjustment goes a long way. Besides, like wife's said, banshee's just spin tires. They are know for it.

Well it'll spin on pavement pretty easily you've just gotta hammer it and put a lot of lean into the slide or it won't spin at all if you get what I'm saying

I get what your saying. I can just crack the throttle on mine and it spins. No leaning forward and no hammering. And that 14/40 gearing. I need to change it though.

Couple things going against you, besides the "Village People"
The LT and Quadzilla had a shorter production run, the Banshee is still produced, tho not available in US.
There are 4,800 parts for LTs on Egay, 20,800 for Banshee, not to mention that "new" parts are still being developed.

IMO, the other 3 manufacturers dropped the ball/missed the boat by not copying the Banshee, they all had kick azz street or race 2s. Tho I don't really recall any Honda 2s street bikes.

To bad Yammy didn't copy the TRX250r frame geometry, the 'shee needs more rake in the front end. Don't know off hand how much it has, but the 250r and 400ex has 12* , the YFZ450 has 8*, YFZ450R/X has 11*. Took them a loooong time to catch on, catch up.

You think the shee is bad the lt are worse than that front end geometry is absolutely terrible lol I wouldn't mind having an lt 500 either but seems to be tough to find one in decent shape they all need full restoration or have been restored to showroom condition

Well i put +1 +2 a arms on my banshee and the forward inch seemed to help. My -1 swingarm will be going on this winter too.

Most people that have banshees are idiots. Not all, but most. (I have one so I can say that)

Parts availability is a huge ordeal with the LTs. That's why mine is still sitting after 8 years. Might wanna try eGay to get rid of those LTs and pick up a Banshee.

OR, you could build a free shee like Wife's did. Came out to $0 IIRC... (joke)

I haven't really ran into any ordeals with parts but I did have to do some research for a few. Very very few are on ebay and some are just made to order like the rad carriers

my first sport atv was an 86 Lt 250r..hard to get parts for and hard to tune in my opinion. I had a banshee for a long time and they are a beautiful machine. Btw a stock clutch on a banshee can handle around 70 hp so whoever is burning the clutch out on them sucks