at wits end HELLPPPP please

40 pilot way too rich, i'm still running the stock pilot with some mild cleanup of the ports, an oconnor modded head, open airbox with uni filter and an lrd adjustable pipe/f7 silencer

running too much oil will actuall lean it out. you should breakin at what you are going to run always. should have posted that earlier.

i theory, yes, its running leaner, but if lean = heat, then the extra oil = cooling potential.
im an ol school 2 stroker, in the 70's-80's when rm 125's, hodakas, husqvarna, ceezee ruled the flat tracks, and we always broke um in this way, all we used then was bean oil's, been using blendzall castor as long as i remember, i cant stand the smell of yamalube or other crap syn oil's.
the castors dont burn off and leave nice films of oils. i have NEVER burnt up a pison or crank using it.
the 20:1 is just for low idle break ins, only mix up 1/4 gallon, and thats it, i actually dumped about a 1/2 qt out of the tank yesterday.
i can see where running wide open at that mix is a concern, when i ran my banshee, if it was hot and i knew i was gonna be ridin hard, i'd mix at 24:1 or 28:1 just to protect the motor.

40 pilot way too rich, i'm still running the stock pilot with some mild cleanup of the ports, an oconnor modded head, open airbox with uni filter and an lrd adjustable pipe/f7 silencer

i feel it is too rich as well awk, but the dam thing is running. it wouldnt start at all before without start fluid. that carb is spotless, been over it 5-6 times now. right now i got great throttle response, but that is just sitting, i have to get it rolling, see what its doing, get the main jet set, then i will dial in the pilot. i have a 35 as well, (christ those little pieces of chit are expensive!!), i'd like to get back tothe stock size, just gotta see what works. once the air cleaner is on
this whole game changes anyway

Actually oil just lubricates. Whether you are running 20:1 or 50:1, the oil drops out of suspension as the fuel evaporates and lubes things like bearings and rings.

Fuel on the other hand can remove a LOT of heat as it vaporizes (latent heat of evaporation). A richer mixture might not burn as well, but it has more fuel available for cooling, hence cooler running temp.

Actually oil just lubricates. Whether you are running 20:1 or 50:1, the oil drops out of suspension as the fuel evaporates and lubes things like bearings and rings.

Fuel on the other hand can remove a LOT of heat as it vaporizes (latent heat of evaporation). A richer mixture might not burn as well, but it has more fuel available for cooling, hence cooler running temp.

agreed.
i cant always put into words what im thinking.
when the banshee would start to over heat, i put it in 5th, go as slow as possible and bog it with gas to cool it off faster. hack? yes! did it keep me riding? yes!

but, lubrication = less friction = less heat

thinking were both right, i dont have a degree in oil fuel ratios. lol
so, im goin with what works

like i said, its an old guys thinkin and i get stuck on things that have always worked for me.

i had a riding buddy, we were into flat tracking the banshees in the late 80's, we had to drive out to pennsylvania, 2 hr ride, he would put fresh rings in his bike every fri, we raced on sat,he would fill his tank with 24:1 mix, and put his bike on the trailer and let it run at a high idle, around 1800 rpms, for the whole ride!!!! to break in the rings.

to this day we still call him "idler"

some of us just get stuck in rituals i guess, but, he did win alot!

dam i miss flat trackin!! nothing like gettin sideways on clay at 70mph+
16 tooth counter shaft sprockets, get it in 4th and never let off the gas!!!