Anyone have any problems with hitting neutral at times

lasxgames

Feb 4, 2009
Minnesota
www.hookit.com
Every once in awhile we have an problem with hitting neutral while racing.
Anyone have the same problems while agressisve riding?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
We were thinking of the shift star mod.
Is there anyone who has done this and notice a difference before and after?
Will we have a problem with skipping gears?

I used to hit neutral every once and a while...

but after I got my engine built it was faster to start in second... so wasn't a prob for me

when i had a blaster it would happen every once in a while......but even with the 400ex it happens like hardly ever but it does sumtimes......so its not just blasters

might be a shift star problem?????

iv had the same problem too while racing and just playing around at home one of my problems was wearing boots i have never been able to wear boots and ride i still do it in shoes id like to fix the problem too

oh yeah, when i started wearing riding boots i had a similar problem, i moved my shifter up a couple grooves and havent had any trouble since

oh yeah, when i started wearing riding boots i had a similar problem, i moved my shifter up a couple grooves and havent had any trouble since

^^That works well^^ Especially for my size 12 feet. You might indeed try rotating the shifter lever up a couple of splines so that you can get your foot around it better.

My 'Shee is really bad about false Neutrals, so I think I'm gonna go ahead and install a modded shift star when I have the bottom end out next month. IDK how much a shift star mod would help a Blasty. Might be money well-spent.

i've heard the shift star mod was great for the blasty, wished i would'a done it last spring while it was apart

this is a great thread, thanx, i have always had this prob, just thought it ws cause i'm still not the best clutcher, i hit it all the time ridin hard and agressive, i will try what awk said, i have a size 13 boot( yes i know, kinda big for me being 13) and i have always had problems with trying to get under the shifter, and bending the boot like that, i will try to move my shifter, as for the shiftstar, i've never heard of it,i'm learning new things everyday.

FYI after and before mod picture from blasterfreek30
100_3346.jpg

The shift star will help quite a bit if you mod it.It will take the notchiness out of the shifting.I run the shift star mod also and it works great.

On my old kx60 i used to race when i was like 9 it happened all the god damn time, so i started to start in second and still to this day wen i just whip it around the yard for fun i still get false neutrals like alot