96 blaster rear brake replacement

DrDaywalker

Aug 21, 2020
So I picked this blaster up as a project. Didn’t run. In pieces. Finally rebuilt it and it’s running and driving (besides clutch exploding today but ordered a new one). Anyways, the bike came with no rear brake caliper, disc or line. I can’t find an aftermarket option at all. Anyone have a suggestion without spending $300 on the caliper alone?

So I picked this blaster up as a project. Didn’t run. In pieces. Finally rebuilt it and it’s running and driving (besides clutch exploding today but ordered a new one). Anyways, the bike came with no rear brake caliper, disc or line. I can’t find an aftermarket option at all. Anyone have a suggestion without spending $300 on the caliper alone?
Suggestions? Yeah use front brakes:D
If you can fab alittle convert to hydraulic rear brakes. U still need to source a rear rotor. Your bike is a 96? 89 -02 rotors will work the rotor floats on the axle(slides back and forth)

Ok so I’m down to convert and not afraid to do some fabrication but I haven’t found a clear thread on exactly what to get and how to do it. Being a budget build I don’t want to waste money and time on the wrong components and every thread I find has links to parts and conversion things that don’t exist anymore.

Ok so I’m down to convert and not afraid to do some fabrication but I haven’t found a clear thread on exactly what to get and how to do it. Being a budget build I don’t want to waste money and time on the wrong components and every thread I find has links to parts and conversion things that don’t exist anymore.
Cheapest way under $50 is to buy 03-06 blaster Chinese rear caliper and rear master
You will still need to get the rotor for 89-02
Though. Look up member (best) he has some pics of a very easy setup. Simple rear bracket.