94' blaster wont hold idle

2strokebeater

Jul 4, 2011
Belle Vernon, pa
I totally tore down and rebuilt my motor I'm 90% sure its not a air leak. I adjusted the carb it helped a little but still won't idle. I was told to go back to the original air box & filter. Any suggestions?

You need to build a leak tester to confirm 100% that it's not a leak.

If you don't have a leak, you need to remove the pilot jet (the little one way down inside the tube) and clean the pilot circuit out thoroughly with a non-foaming carburetor cleaner.

Everyone is gonna ask you for a mods list before they can answer your questions. Good luck im having the same problem

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That does help. there are a lot of little things that can affect the idle. The tors could have gone bad, all sorts of carb issues could cause it, air leak will affect it too. 90% is not good enough for an airleak. you must do a leakdown. I know it's a pain in the butt and you will probably find something wrong that won't make you happy. but better than blowing it up in a couple weeks after a fresh rebuild

I rebuilt it and took it to a local shop to get a clutch installed they said they ran a conpression test and it all checked out fine. I recently started to ride again I don't want to do any harm to the motor.