89 rebuild

that sucks bro! see if you can get a grooved up basket for cheap and throw a PE billet basket on, it'll cost the same as buying a new one from yamaha, or slightly more than a good used one.

i think my luck rubbed off on you bro!

I believe your right- It's my turn for bullshit!

Wow that sucks munkey balls!!!! :eek: I never seen that happen.
Sure does- Ya wouldn't happen to have a basket layin around would ya? :(

Well she back together and just did my final heat cycle. Oh My God this freakin thing has BALLS! I can see me flying thru the air like E.T. on a bike soon! Scary fast! I will do a full write up on how this baby performs but all I have to say is I LIKE IT! Jetting is a hare rich but leaving it that way for now, Need to drop the clip one position to even out idle after ya rev it, -thanks Ken- This guy is the best hands down! I happier than a nimpho in a whore house!!

Well she back together and just did my final heat cycle. Oh My God this freakin thing has BALLS! I can see me flying thru the air like E.T. on a bike soon! Scary fast! I will do a full write up on how this baby performs but all I have to say is I LIKE IT! Jetting is a hare rich but leaving it that way for now, Need to drop the clip one position to even out idle after ya rev it, -thanks Ken- This guy is the best hands down! I happier than a nimpho in a whore house!!

haha glad to hear ya got her up and running to have some fun I:I I:I you gotta love a ported blaster. someday we will all have to meet up at awks and do some rippin I:I I:I

Awsome job on your blaster. Sweet write up, makes me want to take my time with my build. This being my first Blaster and all. I've been riding my friends 400Z and can't wait to get mine finished, the only thing stopping me is not enough time and money. Lol

haha glad to hear ya got her up and running to have some fun I:I I:I you gotta love a ported blaster. someday we will all have to meet up at awks and do some rippin I:I I:I

For sure!

Awsome job on your blaster. Sweet write up, makes me want to take my time with my build. This being my first Blaster and all. I've been riding my friends 400Z and can't wait to get mine finished, the only thing stopping me is not enough time and money. Lol

Thank you, only about $2100 over budget and still counting but well worth it IMO!

No the ride report will be done the week of July 2nd when I Meet Awk, Ken, and my son, were gonna ride that weekend, it will be broke in and jetted good by then. A report will follow. Gonna try to get some Vids, at least some pics, My wifes camera takes 30 sec vids, she don't know it but it's coming with me! This will be a true report as I want to get everyones feedback, I only ridden this blaster one time and that was five years ago, ebrfore any work was done and I don't remember what it was like- so I don't have anything to compare it with. That's where the other guys come in, they will know the comparison from there quads to mine and that will be part of it. I know from just doing heat cycles it has a sh*tload of bottom can't wait to see what happens when the pipe kicks in and 4,5,6 gear WOT--ZZZZOOOOOOOOOOM!

No the ride report will be done the week of July 2nd when I Meet Awk, Ken, and my son, were gonna ride that weekend, it will be broke in and jetted good by then. A report will follow. Gonna try to get some Vids, at least some pics, My wifes camera takes 30 sec vids, she don't know it but it's coming with me! This will be a true report as I want to get everyones feedback, I only ridden this blaster one time and that was five years ago, ebrfore any work was done and I don't remember what it was like- so I don't have anything to compare it with. That's where the other guys come in, they will know the comparison from there quads to mine and that will be part of it. I know from just doing heat cycles it has a sh*tload of bottom can't wait to see what happens when the pipe kicks in and 4,5,6 gear WOT--ZZZZOOOOOOOOOOM!

nice sound effects lol I:I

yea if i wasnt goion away for myrtle beach id have to try and make that ride awk invitded me but im leaveing if i wasnt id get to see it n person lol would be nice to ride with some other blasty there arnt any down in the glo town as we call it lol

Cool! Shouldn't be too long maybe early august as i think Awk is going to busco end of july. Got to take her out in the fields today and get the last good heat cycle in and then got on it a little bit, man when i get the jetting figured out right look out loretta-BOOYAH!

haha yea breaking them in sucks but its better than srewign up ur new topend i cant wait to get mine ported 244 stroker hell yea

kick ass blaster bro!!!!! you did an AMAZING job on it. have some rep bro!! what was the final cost that u spent on the entire project (other than the blaster itself)

kick ass blaster bro!!!!! you did an AMAZING job on it. have some rep bro!! what was the final cost that u spent on the entire project (other than the blaster itself)

Thanks- Well as of today- I add up to $3639.67 My son will be responsible to keep it up from here on out, unless I damage it.

New Rad Valve finally here. And the only change i see is that it uses it's own rubber collar to hook to the carb. And you don't use the stock Intake boot anymore! Now I have something to compare the V2's with, they worked good but i got tired of having to use RTV to seal them up, that's my only complaint about them.

Here is a couple pics of the new style and then a pic of the older style I sold to Noober-
rad-valve-(1).jpg

rad-valve-3.jpg

Older style VVVVV

for-sale-001.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:
wow that new style looks like the shizit!! I:I. im betting dremmel tool work wont be needed with those bad boys, cant wait to hear the ride report!! kick ass man!! I:I I:I