89 rebuild

Ya I tried that but then, my sausage fingers wouldn't be able to get to the choke. I know I built this for my son but dad can have fun too!

Another part made it to me Power pros exhaust! Mounting on the way!

002.jpg

Well what did I do this weekend besides get my drunk on?? I got the blasty 98% done! Here's a few teaser pics- I still have to get spark plugs, few body bolts, and a drive axle seal as I didn't like how this one looked. I also want to do a leak down test before she gets going just to be safe, then I will attempt the clutch adjustment, and the break in. So freakin excited I'm near the end!! I'll be seein ya soon Joe!

blaster-rebuild-001.jpg

blaster-rebuild-002.jpg

blaster-rebuild-003.jpg

blaster-rebuild-004.jpg

blaster-rebuild-005.jpg

blaster-rebuild-006.jpg

now THAT is what a pipe should look like!!!!! seeeeeexy I:I I:I I:I im droolin over here, i like my painted one but i want a shiny one!!

i like shinny shinny shinny shinny if u want a shinny one noober why not get somehigh temp chrome paint and see how it turns out if it dont turn out to good paint it black again lol but its looking nice i like the color shceme

I AM DONE! OMG.:eek: Tomorrow will start the break-in process I plan to get some pics and vids of the beast next weekend, I have to borrow a video taker as I don't have one. I will also be doing a full review of how she performs special thanks to Ken Oconner!

Thanks for all the help I've gotten, wouldn't of been able to complete this with you guys!

I'm going to start off with a 158 main, 45 pilot, clip on the middle slot, and 1.5 turns on the air screw. I hope to not be that far off. It probbably will be rich but that's ok.

blaster-build-complete-009.jpg

blaster-build-complete-005.jpg

blaster-build-complete-006.jpg

blaster-build-complete-011.jpg

blaster-build-complete-012.jpg

blaster-build-complete-001.jpg

blaster-build-complete-002.jpg

blaster-build-complete-003.jpg

blaster-build-complete-004.jpg

Thank you all! I actually got to fire it up today for about two minutes, I couldn't keep it idleing and this fuking motion pro throttle cable keeps poping off inside the carb. I have tried everything. It slides into a hole then slides back into a little slit on the plastic keeper then attaches to the slide but after about three taps on the throttle it pops of again!X( But it started first kick!I:I

WOW looking goodI:I When do we get a PA Blasterforum ride together and get it DURTY?:D

I'm gonna try to have the breakin/jetting done this weekend and then I'll be ready. Gonna be riding early July in Johnstown with AWK and Ken Oconner.

Looks like a possible blaster bash at johnstown in july..... wooooohooooooI:I And some speids!!!!:)

ha ha ha Its going to get DURTY slicker:D

Well bad luck is following me this week. Finally after the rain passed i got her out to start the break in and went to kick it and the kicker went straight down with very little resistance also wouldn't return-tried it again and same thing so off with the clutch cover and a piece of gear fell out. Panic mode set in then came anger!X( Could not find where this is from, :-/being new to these motors I called Ken and he walked me through a few steps to check a few things and sure enough found out it was the little gear on the clutch basket, how it happened I have no idea, maybe age of it but there is also a 1/2" crack in the brass insert that is inside the shaft on the basket. I can fukin win. So I'm in need of a basket soon. Here's a pic of the carnage-
clutch-basket.jpg

I've never heard of that gear breaking, However that's my luck. So the break in is on hold for now-dammit!X(

damn delays!! use this time to make something elso on it nicer it will make you feel better I:I. that does suck balls though man.. but once you do get her dialed in it will be like driving a new machine.

that sucks bro! see if you can get a grooved up basket for cheap and throw a PE billet basket on, it'll cost the same as buying a new one from yamaha, or slightly more than a good used one.

i think my luck rubbed off on you bro!