50 psi???

You are a god. I plan on buying the supplies thursday/friday.. Ill PM you with any questions. More kudo's for you 370.

Tore down the blaster today. It lookes like the piston is pretty knarrned up. It has alot of pretty deep grooves all 360 degrees around it. This also caused the cylinder to have the same effect. Does this sound like a legit reason for it losing compression? Seams like it to me. I posted some pics, if its hard to see, the cylinder and piston both have deep grooves in them. Probably no more that 1/32 of an inch. But still reason enough for the low PSI right? Piston rings (as expected) were in the same condition with grooves that matched the piston itself. Looking around for another cylinder (in good shape) or should I just get it Honed?

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

nahh the huge gashes in the cylinder and piston dont have anything to do with the 50 psi....wtf man serioiusly ?? ...what caused that anyway ?

Sounds like a fair statement. I only warm it up for a few mins everytime. kinda just started it up till it would idle right, then go. I got a guy who can sell me a cylinder in good condition. But its from a 91 blaster. Are the specs still the same? Will it fit correctly with a stock diameter piston? I ride an '01

Sounds like a fair statement. I only warm it up for a few mins everytime. kinda just started it up till it would idle right, then go. I got a guy who can sell me a cylinder in good condition. But its from a 91 blaster. Are the specs still the same? Will it fit correctly with a stock diameter piston? I ride an '01

all blaster motors are the same except for after 03 they had an extra wire. so your perfectly fine switching out the cylinder from a previous year. is the 91 cylinder bored over?

Thanks. Im pretty sure it hasnt been bored. The guy blew the motor and didnt care to fix it. Just selling everything

ok, moving on.. Piston kits. Any recommendations? I found a good price at ATVworks.com.. I know they arent really a competator of those bigger companies out there, but the price is what I'm looking for right now. What would you guys say?

wiseco or pro-x woudl be my 2 rec. for a piston for that thing.. if it doesn't need a bore and had a cast piston in it then i'd put in a pro-x.. if your gonna have to bore it.. use a wiseco... the reason i wouldn't use a wiseco in an existing bore is that piston to wall clearance is set up for a cast piston.. if it had a wiseco in it and you wanna reuse teh existing bore than put a wiseco in it...

what youi'll be dealign with by changing piston types in an existing bore is different piston to wall clearance.. and that is for differing expansion rates under heat.. a forged piston is stronger but grows more under heat than a cast piston..