285cc BB stroker on ebay

Be interesting to see where the ring landing pins on that Kaw piston line up with a LA sleeve 240 port setup ... Looks like a fun project ... good luck & keep us informed.

LOL what? Either way, it's close to the same engine except for like 2mm of bore.

seemed like a simple question. i wanted to know if he was going to use the la sleeve with the 72mm piston it has or get a sleeve installed so he can use the 75mm piston and make it a 285

all mine for a measly 501.00

Cool!!! I hope it has the +6mm... But it looks like a hot rod crank to me and i dont think hot rod made a +6mm stroker... So i hope you got a good bottom end and a TURBO mod head and a case that was bored for the big sleeve and a old piston and hopefully a +6 and not a +4.... If the piston is from a Kawasaki Jet Ski 550cc then a sleeve from a Kawasaki Jet Ski 550cc may be the next thing to look for... Keep us informed!!!!

LOOK....LA SLEEVE WATERCRAFT SLEEVE KAWASAKI JS-550 531cc 75mm - eBay (item 120402495502 end time Mar-26-11 19:11:38 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool!!! I hope it has the +6mm... But it looks like a hot rod crank to me and i dont think hot rod made a +6mm stroker... So i hope you got a good bottom end and a TURBO mod head and a case that was bored for the big sleeve and a old piston and hopefully a +6 and not a +4.... If the piston is from a Kawasaki Jet Ski 550cc then a sleeve from a Kawasaki Jet Ski 550cc may be the next thing to look for... Keep us informed!!!!

LOOK....LA SLEEVE WATERCRAFT SLEEVE KAWASAKI JS-550 531cc 75mm - eBay (item 120402495502 end time Mar-26-11 19:11:38 PDT)

even if its a 4 mm crank its still worth double what i paid as the crank alone has 500 in balancing add in case trenching, boring the cases for the sleeve, 36 mm carb what im really interested to know is hwo trinity actually makes a 285 with a 75 mm piston, as thats not close to being 285 cc. guess ill have to wait to get it to find out and that sleeve u posted a link for sure loks alot liek a lasleeve /ct racing blaster sleeve with the shape of the intake port

Last edited by a moderator:
even if its a 4 mm crank its still worth double what i paid as the crank alone has 500 in balancing add in case trenching, boring the cases for the sleeve, 36 mm carb what im really interested to know is hwo trinity actually makes a 285 with a 75 mm piston, as thats not close to being 285 cc. guess ill have to wait to get it to find out and that sleeve u posted a link for sure loks alot liek a lasleeve /ct racing blaster sleeve with the shape of the intake port

yea i agree,even if its a +4 the crank and cases alone are worth that price.Im curious to see whats goin on with it too.Does the guy have the cylinder and spacer that was on it?

Im really interested to know how trinity makes a 285 with a 75 mm piston too.. The CT and la sleeve 240cc are not actually 240cc they are 232cc on the 72mm piston, but on the last bore at 73mm you will get 239cc. I know that the trinity 265cc is not a stroker and with a 75mm piston it is at 252cc and on the last bore with a 77mm piston its a 265cc.. If the 285 has a +4 stroker than it's only a 269cc how the hell do you call that a 285cc???? BUT on it's last bore a 77mm you will have a 284cc... If it has a 6mm stroker its a 278cc with the 75mm piston and on the last bore at 77mm you will have a 293cc..

All the company's claim the same thing. On the last bore of an aftermarket cylinder thats the actual size. L.A. Sleeve also makes the big bore kits for the trx250r. If you buy a "310" kit, its not a 310 til you bore it to its last bore. Stock bore/first bore its around a 294
Good luck with the bottom end, let us know about it when you get it

ok here is what ii found out this motor does not have the turbo crank mod trinity did that on the lt 500 motors only. and it is a 4mm crank that has been indexed and balanced as when u run a piston that big it is a necessity also i can still get the sleeve from trinity

so chutzell and whoever else said it was a 4 mm and they get the 285 cc from the 77 bore was correct