2000 Blaster without a name.

MercMenace

Mountain Man
Apr 27, 2014
Cheyenne, Wy
Got this for my oldest for Christmas.
he was sad when I sold mine so I got him his own.

Compression sits at 121. Haven't leak tested yet. I'll do that on the bench. Po says 2 hours on new topend. We shall see.

His colors are purple, black and grey so that's the direction I'm headed in.

I plan on it being stockish, if he wants more that'll be up to him.

Reactions: jus_me
More issues at first sight. It's got an fmf fatty/power core2.

It is either off something else or.... who the hell knows what he did here. Anyway it's joined by Natural gas flex pipe.

And lastly. Po says guy before him chopped the arse off it. Not sure why. Don't care. But the po "fixed it" by chopping the ass off my roller and.....well pics are worth a thousand words.

It's been colder than an witch's tit living in Antarctica wearing a brass bra full of ice cubes. So I haven't had much chance to climb over it.

I rolled it out today to get pics. Rolled it back in as fast as possible. Fingers went numb

I did some research today and the Chinese knock off OKO carbs have a chrome cap. which mine does not. I may have an honest to god real Taiwanese OKO carb here.

oh my that tail section is hacked :eek:

the silencer tube bend/length looks correct, the stinger coming off the expansion pipe should extend back beyond the engine to meet it.

UNLESS.....thats an FMF SST pipe, never seen one but have read it has a straight thru stinger design and only the FMF silencer for that pipe will mate up ?

the pro-taper fatbar foam pad on the front bumper is sa-weet though :)

I fired it up yesterday so I could hear it, smell it, take a Visual, Aural and Olfactory inventory. It smokes just right right through the header, right through the chamber/silencer join. luckily some smoke comes out the tailpipe. smells nice and rich. runs smooth as butter and sounds nice in spite of all the exhaust leaks.

I am actually really happy with it over all.

That pro taper bumper pad is so I can run over anyone that sells me a faulty leak tester without damaging the finish on my bumper.

Reactions: Awk08
Been awhile since i welded. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself to badly.

The pipe is an fmf fatty. The stinger is an sst. I have a second fmf silencer that isn't an sst. Looks like it will mate right up.

Here is the po's welding skills. I think I will fix my frame and swap it all over to it. Then i can take the time to m9d this frame properly.

No prob man. Cant wait to see everything together. I actually like purple but Shhh!! don't tell anyone.. Welding of the p.o on the pic you just posted looks like it serves the purpose. You will most likely grind it off and weld a new tab/nut?

Yeah like I said I'm gonna give him the frame on my roller. And then I can take my time with this Frame. Thanks again for the hood. Now that I have seen it I have some ideas for lights.