New to the Forum

jostith

Mar 17, 2010
Bedford, IN
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. Been posting and whatnot already and reading up on a lot of stuff but I'll give some back ground anyway.

I'm really pretty new to this forum and riding as well. I've always wanted to but my mom never would get me something other than a go kart. (the go kart I had was sweet and could do wheelies but broke down every time I rode it) Now that I am in college and can make my own choices I got a blaster a couple weeks ago and am loving it so far. I have ridden with my nephew and his friends before so I am not real inexperienced but if you guys have any thoughts just shoot them out there. Everything I rode back in those days was 4 stroke as well. Not a big wrench guy, yet, but can figure most of that stuff out with a little pointing in the right direction. Love to tinker. The blaster that I got it s a 2000 with a full FMF system and a dg front bumper with a K&N filter (I think, haven't looked yet. I haven't ridden a ton yet so it's alright). Planning to rebuild the carb and rejet it, clean or replace the filter should it need it, brake work, maybe repack the silencer, and maybe get some nerf bars for it. What do you guys think? I:I

The bike seems to be in good shape. The guy that sold it to me said that the carb needed to be cleaned out that it was choking but after riding it a little I think that it is just the jets that need to be changed. He drilled three large holes in the air box lid and changed the exhaust so it makes sense.

Welcome to the Forum bro...

As far as the carb, always good to clean/rebuild, inexpensive, easy and alot of worry free riding once done. As stated, make sure the carb is jetted for the pipe kit/drilled box and high flow filter. You should have something like a #260-#280ish main jet in there, stock pilot/needle clip position should be fine, etc. If you have anything under a 260 it must be bumped up. You can easily check this out, with a std Phillips head screw driver and a small hex driver.

Pull the carb out of the boots from either end so it has more play. Remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the float bowl, then you can access the main jet in the underneath of the carb. Unscrew it and the jet size # should be printed right on the rim of the jet. This is a good time to just rebuild the carb as well, the whole process, once you have the parts should take you no longer than an hour or so. Keep in mind the carb rebuild kit will most likely come with stock jets only, and your main has to be a bit higher, make sure you get this from your local shop, etc.

EBAY Carb rebuild kit

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about getting the Vito's jet kit. That thing has a ton of jets in case I changed anything or needed it. I know it has jets I won't use but still it would be nice to have some laying around I think.

welcome man, you already know the basics it sounds like, now get your reading glasses on... theres info on everything here

im gonna help you out on the brakes...if you want hydros talk to 2 people on here, awk08 he makes a great rear conversion, and norman420 he makes the whole front disc brake conversion everything u need. i have a set from both of em and they work excellent u can lock up all the tires no problem

Thanks, sent both of those guys a message. Might do that next. Looking at a new rear shock right now. That will probably be my next upgrade, already bought the vito's jet kit for 20 bucks from a guy off here. Sells them brand new and shipped for 20, awesome deal. He said he had 100's too so if anyone wants the Vito's Jet Kit then I'll drop the tag for that guy.