05 Blasty rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid5soul

Aug 25, 2009
Dirty Jersey
Whats goin on guys...so as some of you know i recently traded my 01 blasty
or an 05 blasty...Well..its gonna have some surgery done to fixed all the botched
work the previous owner has done to it. Ill post some pics as i go and ill also
try and post some DIYs. Turns out the blasty needs A LOT of work done. Took
off the plastics and found a MESS of wiring and bolts of off sizes that dont belong.
Ill be adding the following parts::

+4 rear swinger {just noticed the +2 that on it is cracked}
new ASR a-arm bushings
240 Airsal kit P/P
34mm Keihin Carb
Aluminum Air box
VF3 reeds
Progressive Shocks All around
14/40 gearing
Fly bars
Rewiring everything (minus TORS,oil rez,rear light} I am looking for some info on this.
10in rear tires.

Keeping the plastics white,but shaving them with a graffix kit
Frame...still not sure on the color..but i think i have something a lil crazy in mind.

I Already have most of the parts off the frame so ill take some pics tomorrow and post them up.

Reactions: blasterman312
get some pics.. looking foward to seeing what you can do to it..

i deff will,ill get some pics up today,kinda pick the wrong week to start tho since my bro wedding is this weekend and were busy with that. My bro and i tend to slip into the garage and do some wrenchin while there doing the things we should be doing..lol.

Time for pics!!! Striped down to the frame..

Plastics off..
project012.jpg

project011.jpg

project010.jpg

Pulled the head and jug..
project015.jpg

project016.jpg

project013.jpg

project014.jpg

Nice work for a day m8. Most of the swingers ive seen have that damn crack, an A/M swinger will solve that problem tho haha

cant wait to see some finished pics brotha

Thanks guys...im pretty excited to get this done also..but with money being tight its gonna be a month or so. Im dumping that swinger and going with a +3 crome swinger..or black..not sure yet. but i can say this...i will have the most unique frame color here. (i hope) lol.

well, i would say go with candy red. its close to the same color you have now, but way cooler. i love the look of teh white plasicts on red frame. i think the way it was..was sick. looks like you also need a new rear shock too....hahah like a 400 ex or z400 shock. haha you mentioned that before. you got good progress so far...what pipe are you running with that new engine?????

hey man u should just buy the ct racing 240 kit its about 1300 and comes wihEVERY thing and then buy a stroker and get it p=p to match the stroker crank and head decked it would be TITS lol

hey man u should just buy the ct racing 240 kit its about 1300 and comes wihEVERY thing and then buy a stroker and get it p=p to match the stroker crank and head decked it would be TITS lol

yea the 240 kits are great and all...but i have other plans for this rebuild...atleast untill Jan comes..ill be installing a 240kit that p/p and then thats going to my wifey..and im picking up a trx450r.

Last edited:
money is a lil tight on the project. (wife is giving me an allowance for it,since i spend $$ on my car and street bike..lol) so i opted out of getting it PC'd and im going to rattle can it. Picked up all the supplys today. Cant wait to start on the paint stripping next week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.