raced a ktm85

you guys are f*cking retarded. a 85 will not do 70, considering a cr450f will only do about 75 with stock gearing 141 0503 450shoot 09 Z Photo
And stop showing that damn bullshit "Look hare giez i beetzzed a WHY Zeh 125" Blaster biotch. I dont even have sound on my damn computers at college and i could tell that he was dogging it. And sorry to break your little fragile hearts of glass but a 4 stroke is better. It has more bottom end, and heres the f*cking shocker, more top end! All with a more useable and broader spread of power heres some more proof, just so you guys wont start saying im bullshitting http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/YZ125_250F_hp_comparro.jpg And dont even point out like the freaking .2 HP advantage it has on the 250f for like 200 RPMs, that translates into nothing.

85cc two strokes do 70mph easy! Get off the forum if your just going to talk sh*t.
yeah really.. research your sh*t before you talk smack.. even a stock 85 will do 70, people don't understand that motocross bikes are geared to do about the same speed.. no matter what the size of the bike is

i agree here, with stock gearing an 85 wont be exceeding 60 mph on level grade.
by the time you geared it to do 70 it would be a dog. which is kind of redundant
anywho, four strokes are superior, however they will never match the fun factor of a two stroke. IMO

i did research my sh*t before i spoke, obvious by my links. Show me some proof. And dont get all asshurt just because you got your sh*t handed to you on a golden platter and you had to eat it, EVERY DAMN BIT OF IT

well dont get ass hurt if we tell you 4 strokes are to sh*ts! 4 real! keep reading dem stats full of jokes only reason 2 stroke are being down is because the environment. US got laws now and thats why the 2strokes are being singled out. saying that they cause too much pollution. and bring a CR250 to a YZF 450.... I seen a CR 250 whoop on a 450's ass! and u gonna tell me 4 strokes faster please man... tell me what 500cc single cylinder 4stroke you know can f*ck wit a 500cc QUADZILLA! stock for stock???? get my drift dude pound 4 pound 2 strokes faster! AND MISTER SMARTY I HAVE YOU KNOW WHATS THE FIRST MOTORS BEING RACED IN THE LATE 80S AND 90S???? A 2 STROKE MY MAN A 2 STROKE. SO MATCH EVERY THING UP AND WHEN THEY GET TO THE LINE A 2STROKE WILL WIN EVERYDAMN TIME!!!I:I

well dont get ass hurt if we tell you 4 strokes are to sh*ts! 4 real! keep reading dem stats full of jokes only reason 2 stroke are being down is because the environment. US got laws now and thats why the 2strokes are being singled out. saying that they cause too much pollution. and bring a CR250 to a YZF 450.... I seen a CR 250 whoop on a 450's ass! and u gonna tell me 4 strokes faster please man... tell me what 500cc single cylinder 4stroke you know can f*ck wit a 500cc QUADZILLA! stock for stock???? get my drift dude pound 4 pound 2 strokes faster! AND MISTER SMARTY I HAVE YOU KNOW WHATS THE FIRST MOTORS BEING RACED IN THE LATE 80S AND 90S???? A 2 STROKE MY MAN A 2 STROKE. SO MATCH EVERY THING UP AND WHEN THEY GET TO THE LINE A 2STROKE WILL WIN EVERYDAMN TIME!!!I:I

thats the most ignorant thing ive ever heard for one you are wrong on the pound for pound thing, four strokes are rapidly catching up with 2 strokes weightwise, they are extremely close now
the emission laws have absolutely no bearing on closed course racing, you can still race a two stroke if you want to, but nobody wants to, you know why? because a four stroke is a superior race machine. more traction, more low end, it just all comes down to what you prefer and can afford. and dont give me that double displacement factor sh*t, because also be informed that with equal displacement 2 and 4 stroke motors, the 4 will rape it in low end torque. besides, it has nothing to do with how much power it has in a race, its how much power is useable. i will try to find it later, but in a test with a yz250f vs a yz250, they were pulling almost identical lap times

so... in a drag, a liquid cooled yz250f will beat a yz250??? hmmm ....: HELL TA DA NA! and ignorant but yet true in a drag... let a stock yz250f line up beside a stock yz250. now are THOSE numbers gonna be the same???

and one more thing buddy you really think those guys like the 450s they racing now. and why are they running the 450s if 4strokes are so fast then 2strokes then why they dont run 250 4strokes. BUBBA STEWART can walk on a 450 wit a KX250! now let that guy jump on a race pro and go ole skool wit a KX250 and walk on them 450 4strokes! i guarentee you BUBBA will get holeshot and lap a couple of them guys!

talk bout nobody wants to race 2strokes? MOST people on here sure as hell would! come on man! this is a blaster forum. 2strokes! lol and emission laws might not stop racing but why they dont make banshees and blasters or 125 or 250s and more!? EMISSION laws!!! I hate DIRT WHEELS now cuz they dont talk about 2 strokes no more! its sad. and YES 4strokes are getting more advanced in techno sh*t but try it on a 2 stroke! and if ya wanna give equal displacement to da 4s then you crazy! my lil cuz gotta KX60 and he dogged a lil 70cc dirtbike! it was embarrassing! he didnt even slow down. he had done a full 300ft and the 70cc wont even near 150ft. he would give da 70 150ft and still catch him! its like a cat playing wit a mouse when a 2stroke drags a 4stroke! lol

ok, from what i can depict from your jumble of words, your comparing bikes based on their drags? last time i checked, mx, which stands for something along the lines of motocross, containing various jumps and curves, was much more complex than going in a straight line, basically you are comparing the bikes on things they werent even built to do. if emission laws wont let manufacturers make 2 strokes anymore, why is yamaha and ktm still doing it? if stewart can walk on a 450f with a 250, why doesnt he? it would sure save him and his team alot of time and money

ok so lets put some broad statements down. So the double CCs for number 1. So 450cc is 50ccs less than double of a 250cc two stroke. Im just throwing out some general numbers here i dont feel like looking up the dynos right now. so the 2009 cr450f is making about 50 hp at the rear wheel, maybe a little less i saw a dyno awhile ago. Ok, so lets say 49 hp. A yz250, which is regared as the best 250cc two stroke engine ever made has about 47. While the 450 has more traction and ALOT broader power. "But thats double the CCs you say" well not exactly, 50CCs less than double. So im going into theory right now so i dont have any numbers. Lets take that down to 400CCs. Ans as we all know the smaller a engine gets the more efficient it gets too. So im guessing that stock from the factory a 400CC MX bike will make about 45 HP maybe less. Thats only 2 HP less with once again, more bottom end and more top end, and still more tractable and rideable power. And we can take it down to 350CCs and still compete pretty easily with a 250CC two stroke. So lets say 40 HP. With still, a little more bottom, and still alot more over-rev. More tractable power is still in abundance too. And number 2. Emissions make no difference, i cant find it but TWO STROKE MILITIA, a site that is heavily biased towards two strokes, even states that emmsions have nothing to do with the falling sales of two strokes. If you can find that part on the site i would be happy if you put a link up:). Oh, which brings us too number 3. Why they stopped making the 125s, 250s, banshees and blasters. Because sales went way down and no one was buying them, hey, Yamaha has a business to run. And having people like you fighting for two strokes doesnt help very much. I mean jesus, if you stood up in front of me and explained why they should keep on selling two strokes talking the way you type i would probly tell you to get out of my office. And number 4. Use a spell checker, i mean damn, i couldnt understand what you where talking about the first five times i read it. My spelling isnt perfect but just...damn.

Oh yea, i not too long ago owned a 2004 YZ-125, great bike. Wouldnt trade for anything in the world...well except a woman

Get used to it bud... its DA net! lol anyways i can write well if i want to. EYE JUS DUNT FILL LYKE IT. now thats the worst line i wrote in this whole forum grammer wise! So friend do i need to type like i'm a computer wizard or something. anyway dude we talking bout 2strokes vs. 4strokes. not my typing thats off topic. so off man... lets FOCUS! shall we? now... Only reason why he don't do it is because of rules and sh*t. BUBBA STEWART can do it! I seen this guy race and he's like Jordan when it comes to Motocross. funny how i see yall talk negative sh*t but that guy would lap bikes everytime he raced in the 125 class. and put me on a round track with a LTZ400 and a blaster with just a 68mm bore with MX port and pipe and watch and see me walk on a LTZ! it can be done.

Last edited:
OH yea! DECEMBER 2005 issue of dirt wheels did its last test on the 06 Banshee. Page 199 and it QUOTES: "due to increasing CARB (California Air Resources Board) restrictions and new EPA exhaust guidlines, the 2006 incarnation of the Banshee will be its final edition."

and i would probably see why they may not sell them well because they kept the same design on some of them. I only know the blaster was the only one redesign in its last 3 yrs. but yet the only thing changed performance wise was the new hydro front brakes... wow :\ So they didnt try to make it sell by not changing the design. Now you put 2stroke motors in the new frames that are available and i bet they would sell.

Well, go buy an 85cc two stroke and a GPS and fly down the street with it and see for yourself. Alot of pro motocross/supercross racers miss racing two strokes because they are funner and take more skill to ride. As the saying goes....four strokes are like tampons, every pussy has one

we have explained, twice now, that four strokes make more power than a 2 stroke at 50-75ccs under double displacement, which is under proper advantage of the four stroke. if the pros really gave a sh*t about 2 strokes they would be racing them. and dont say their teams make them race four strokes, they race whatever the f*ck they want to race, thats why they switch brands all the time. and i challenge you, to race me on my brother's 400z, i will shove my front bumper up the blasters ass with it. btw, you may want to alert these guys that they are pussys

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 01 fmf blaster
they have put two strokes in new frames, actually the YZs had aluminum frames before the YZFs, and the CRs where the best handling bikes. Out of all of them including 4 strokes. And the CARB laws, and EPA emmisions, so what do they do about nascar? Or the world of outlaws sprintcars? So EPA laws dont apply to those closed course vehicles? And only to motorcycles that are close coursed machines? And check the lap times, they have gone down the past couple of years

i would love to see a properly setup newer YZ 125 race a 125cc fourstroke based engine with similar bolton mods in same frame and see the outcome.it would be laughable ,polini 50 race a XR50 or a z400 race a 400c cheeath banshee or a 440 sled race a 400cc four stroke sled .when they can match cc for cc and weight for weight then it wil lbe a level playing field ..ever use a new fourstroke weedeater ..horrible power ..yes the newer four pokes are pulling al lthe tricks to get the rpm and wide curves but they are still behind ,and they are losing relibaility to do this (maybe Doug gust has 5 new modifed motors sitting in his race trailer ,but you dont ) as well not to mention the hig her center of gravity required the added weight and final cost ..doubeling the displacment and saying its dead fair and even is kinda like racing a one legged man in a 300 yard dash and gloating about it after you tie IMHO

I have raced a Predator 500 and smoked the sh*t out of it. He got me off the line every time we raced but once I hit second I am about side by side with him but when I shift to third I leave him. We raced pretty far too and he couldnt catch up to me top end! You may not believe me but its the truth.