raced a ktm85

xxxalpinexxx80

May 19, 2008
raced a ktm 85 and left him a little bit in the dust.. on tight trails where my blaster could just fit with branches 1 inch from hiting u he was ahead since the size of the thing : )

Blasty would win by a decent amount, it is about a 1.2min ride maxing out the blaster on the powerlines

dude tat 85 would own u it tops out at like 75 and ur blasty like 60.. he has two wheels u have four way more weight..

do you think maby he was shifting wrong, didn't seem like it but could have been, cause we were both reving our engines.

also it was a long trail as i said 10 min long bike ride and i get a good pull 3-6gear, also was really rocky, all pebbles and some dirt.. but i had a blast today.. wind was crazy so much force trying to lift your head up in the sky

stroked ported piped stock carb blasty would eat a 85. i have a vid somewhere blasty racing our buddy on his yz 125 big bore and he barely pulls the blasty. see if i can find it.
race doesnt start till second gear db has no clutch so he cant launch. rolling start

Last edited by a moderator:
i couldnt keep up with my friends raptor 350 and he would smoke me when i had my blaster.. then i got the 85 and i can smoke him by at least 20 feet..

my blaster had pipes and k&n, the raptor has k&n and HMF

85 is stock lol

i couldnt keep up with my friends raptor 350 and he would smoke me when i had my blaster.. then i got the 85 and i can smoke him by at least 20 feet..

Your Blaster was getting beat by a Raptor 350? Strange, but our Blaster walked away from Raptors stock for stock

Your Blaster was getting beat by a Raptor 350? Strange, but our Blaster walked away from Raptors stock for stock
i smoked him on take off, till i topped out then he was gaining on me slowly :( how you like that 450? my friend has one.. its the SE, wicked nice

i smoked him on take off, till i topped out then he was gaining on me slowly :( how you like that 450? my friend has one.. its the SE, wicked nice

I think 4 stroke engine has alot better bottom end power, while 2-strokes have alot better top end power, he should maby get a small kick in the begining.

Also, do you have a aftermarket pipe on that blaster?

I think 4 stroke engine has alot better bottom end power, while 2-strokes have alot better top end power, he should maby get a small kick in the begining.

Also, do you have a aftermarket pipe on that blaster?
yeah I killed him on take off, but when i topped out he passed me.. i think he had different gearing though, and yeah I had the full toomey B1 and a k&n filter

yeah I killed him on take off, but when i topped out he passed me.. i think he had different gearing though, and yeah I had the full toomey B1 and a k&n filter

how long was the race, i know when my blaster was stock a suzuki ltz got a better start then me but then i went right in front of him easily.. and now after i got the pipe there is a huge differnce in acceleration, so i would pretty much own him.. and i think the 350 should start out a bit ahead of you as i said then you should catch up to him and win.. are you reving it, you should beat him, as most people blasters do stock on stock

Dude, you gotta remember if youre in powerband anythings possible. hahaha you could beat a corvette of the line if you managed to stay in powerband, and knew how to ride.

I have an 07 YZ85 with a Pro Circuit Platinum Pipe & R304 Shorty Silencer, V-Force 3 reeds, 48T Renthal Sprocket, and other looks type stuff and this is really fast. I can be doing 70 within 100-150ft or something like that. My cousin has a YFZ450 and he was going pretty fast down the street in the country and I busted a 70mph wheelie past his ass and he about sh*t himself. Obviously he wasnt riding hard but it surprised him that the "little 85" is that fast. If you beat a KTM 85 than the kid cant ride.
14nciux.jpg

Last edited:
I have an 07 YZ85 with a Pro Circuit Platinum Pipe & R304 Shorty Silencer, V-Force 3 reeds, 48T Renthal Sprocket, and other looks type stuff and this is really fast. I can be doing 70 within 100-150ft or something like that. My cousin has a YFZ450 and he was going pretty fast down the street in the country and I busted a 70mph wheelie past his ass and he about sh*t himself. Obviously he wasnt riding hard but it surprised him that the "little 85" is that fast. If you beat a KTM 85 than the kid cant ride.
exactly what i was thinking.. i have an 08 all stock and i dare to say it will hit 70..

Last edited by a moderator: