crusty4365

Sep 2, 2007
montgomery NY
My plans
Resleeve DT200 37F 1984 cylinder i purchased; with a 240 blaster sleeve.
the machinist asked to have the powervalve included when i ship him the cylinder so i believe he may be able to keep the powervalve in tact with the 240 resleeve i am hoping.
I have purchased a water pump for a 1984 dt200 37f to run the coolant.
I have a stock blaster gasket and oil injector blockoff for the crank cover.
i do not have a crank cover that will work as the blaster crank cover is slightly different than the dt200 crank cover where the water pump goes. it looks like the blaster crank cover sealed off that area on the case. so i will have to buy a dt200 crank cover. im hoping to find that clutch case cover on sale in the future online.
i contacted south texas banshee to have the harness built for this project. im going to need wiring diagrams of the connectors and a spare old harness i can harvest connectors from. i have had no luck finding any wiring or parts diagrams for a 1984 dt200 online any help would be great!
i will also need a dt200 cdi, voltage regulator and stator unfortunately as well.
for those i do not yet have a source.
i will also be running a 12v battery in the tool compartment of the airbox for the powervalve system and im hoping south texas banshee can make the wiring harness use the key to turn on the battery.
its a lot of hoops to jump through just for the powervalve system but it seems to be the move that will put this 240 blaster ahead of the rest.
i am going to use a 36mm keihn carb jetted to what la sleeve says for their 240 kits and adjust from there.
im going to use a stock dt200 intake manifold and bore it out to accommodate the larger carb.
i will also use a stock yamaha plastic boost bottle on that manifold.
i will probably use a yfz450 radiator or old three wheeler radiators and run two mounted to the fender mounts or some brackets i will weld on.
i want to run an aftermarket pipe before i decide on my radiator mounts.
are there pipes that mount differently than stock that i should know about before buying?
as for mounting the engine should i just use a stock blaster lower end and not worry about milling the mount hole or should i just go ahead and drill out the hole a bit with my drill press?

So far ive sourced the following:
top and bottom end with powervave system (no case covers no clutch basket no magneto or stator)
water pump
oil injector block off and gaskets

needed:
wiring harness
connectors to build wiring harness or a solution to that problem
dt200 stator
dt200 cdi
dt200 voltage regulator
12v battery rigged to turn on with key turn
right case cover (clutch)
flywheel
left case cover (flywheel side)
dt200 ignition coil
kickstart (blaster)
dt200 head gasket
blaster 240 resleeving into dt200 head

i will use this thread as i go on with this project. any help is appreciated.
my plan is to get the motor and electronics down first and then source a nice roller later on to work on the suspension and stuff and have a great blaster i would have dreamed of building on this forum 17 years ago.

-crusty4365

My plans
Resleeve DT200 37F 1984 cylinder i purchased; with a 240 blaster sleeve.
the machinist asked to have the powervalve included when i ship him the cylinder so i believe he may be able to keep the powervalve in tact with the 240 resleeve i am hoping.
I have purchased a water pump for a 1984 dt200 37f to run the coolant.
I have a stock blaster gasket and oil injector blockoff for the crank cover.
i do not have a crank cover that will work as the blaster crank cover is slightly different than the dt200 crank cover where the water pump goes. it looks like the blaster crank cover sealed off that area on the case. so i will have to buy a dt200 crank cover. im hoping to find that clutch case cover on sale in the future online.
i contacted south texas banshee to have the harness built for this project. im going to need wiring diagrams of the connectors and a spare old harness i can harvest connectors from. i have had no luck finding any wiring or parts diagrams for a 1984 dt200 online any help would be great!
i will also need a dt200 cdi, voltage regulator and stator unfortunately as well.
for those i do not yet have a source.
i will also be running a 12v battery in the tool compartment of the airbox for the powervalve system and im hoping south texas banshee can make the wiring harness use the key to turn on the battery.
its a lot of hoops to jump through just for the powervalve system but it seems to be the move that will put this 240 blaster ahead of the rest.
i am going to use a 36mm keihn carb jetted to what la sleeve says for their 240 kits and adjust from there.
im going to use a stock dt200 intake manifold and bore it out to accommodate the larger carb.
i will also use a stock yamaha plastic boost bottle on that manifold.
i will probably use a yfz450 radiator or old three wheeler radiators and run two mounted to the fender mounts or some brackets i will weld on.
i want to run an aftermarket pipe before i decide on my radiator mounts.
are there pipes that mount differently than stock that i should know about before buying?
as for mounting the engine should i just use a stock blaster lower end and not worry about milling the mount hole or should i just go ahead and drill out the hole a bit with my drill press?

So far ive sourced the following:
top and bottom end with powervave system (no case covers no clutch basket no magneto or stator)
water pump
oil injector block off and gaskets

needed:
wiring harness
connectors to build wiring harness or a solution to that problem
dt200 stator
dt200 cdi
dt200 voltage regulator
12v battery rigged to turn on with key turn
right case cover (clutch)
flywheel
left case cover (flywheel side)
dt200 ignition coil
kickstart (blaster)
dt200 head gasket
blaster 240 resleeving into dt200 head

i will use this thread as i go on with this project. any help is appreciated.
my plan is to get the motor and electronics down first and then source a nice roller later on to work on the suspension and stuff and have a great blaster i would have dreamed of building on this forum 17 years ago.

-crusty4365
I have a complete Dt200 motor in my Blaster as well, with a working mechanical ypvs from Brazil, no harness, battery, servo, nothing, I'm running a magnetron ignition with a moped ig coil with built-in cdi and a 639 gram flywheel, pro design intake, I bored the stock carb to 29mm, high volume pipe, a cbr300r rad mounted right in front of the cylinder, there's room with a right bend, I have 2 complete Dt engines, 2 harnesses, 2 servos e, etc, etc, and I was running electronic ypvs but servo mounting is a pain the ass, I made my own cables, the Dt125lc mk3 harness and electronics are the same as the 200, I was running the Blaster trans for awhile but I like the taller gears, blaster clutch covers work as well, just sand the powdercoat and fit a waterpump seal and drill a hole dead center for the shsft, drill and tap for the cover screws, the 125lc waterpump and idler work with blaster primary gears as well, the mechanical powervalves only run off the Dt primary but you could use the Blaster oilpump gear to run it, it's way better for a Blaster swap, I make my own gaskets using cellulose gasket rubber and I use wr200 head gaskets, I just pulled the motor last week and sent the cylinder and crank to Ken for a rebuild and portjob, I sanded a mm of the head on a piece of glass and drilled out the rivet on the head gasket and used one gasket out of the 3 for better squish, I was going to send the cylinder away for a 240 sleeve but a pro portjob is good enough for me, I have a Dt200R 3ET as well, and the 200l isn't 32hp like everyone says, 25-28 at the max but it's a screamer with kickass bottomend with working ypvs, I'll be glad when i get my cylinder back from ken, I can send you a ton of pics if you want bud