KOR in Brooklyn, CT is closing it's doors forever!

Nice looking place, If only you guys were a little closer I would gladly donate some time to help you's out. . On top of all the work Kor already offers will you be adding any other services ?

Yup......... Automotive machining. I have a Van Norman head surfacing machine and everything I need to cut seats and valves. Next piece I need is a jet washer. I'm just farming that out for now. I can bore and hone blocks but I want to get another bar so I can leave the Kwick Way bar I have set up on the stand. I'm pretty sure I just hooked up a Van Norman bar for $500.

Reactions: jus_me
Tarmo showed up AGAIN today and finished the wiring in the new shop. My son, Little Ken (stands 6'2" @ 290) showed up and moved a bunch of really heavy electrical boxes into storage and helped with organizing the storage area. We got a bunch done today but the cle3an room is still going to take a few more days. Here's where we're at.
door.png
mud room 2.png
storage.png

First pic is of some doors my buddy Hank gave me. These things are solid and weight about 50#. Second pic is of the mud room we built. Let's face it guys, I'm building engines in a gravel pit. I need to take precautions. We built the mud room so none of the dust would make it into the clean room. The other precaution we took was to install a fan into the roof of the mud room that's vented out to the roof. Last precaution was to make the doors idiot proof. You can't open the door to the clean room without closing the outside door first. I'm happy with the set up. Hell, it's better than a garage. Last pic is of the storage area. Nothing fancy here. I have to spend the loot where it counts. This area will clean up nicely once the other tenant GETS HIS sh*t OUT OF MY WAY!!!!!

I'm pulling the trigger on the move this Saturday. We've only got a few more things to do. I started moving all of the blaster parts from the storage room today. The clean room will be finished tomorrow except for the floor. I got some really big friends to help move the big stuff so we can get at it on Friday night.
big dudes.png

We started moving machines @ 6:30 pm on Friday. Started again on Saturday and finished by 3:30. I stayed at the new place last night unpacking until 7:00 and got back in at 6:30 this morning. I have a few minor things that need to happen but all in all, we're done. My friends came out of the woodwork on this move and got it done. Some of these machines weigh over 2500 lbs and require Johnson bars and pipes to move. Toss 5 of the big mofos into the picture and they just push it. No one got injured and no machines were damaged. That's a successful move in my mind. I've moved this shop 3 times since I opened it. I'll never have to move it again. Here's some pics of the fun.
m1.png
m4.png
m3.png
porting 2.png

Reactions: speedyslyder
Finally got some work done this week. This is where it all happens.
finished 2.png
finished 2.png

Attachments

• boring.png
    boring.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 162
  • centers.png
    centers.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 148
  • cleaning cell.png
    cleaning cell.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 162
  • lathe.png
    lathe.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 162
  • press.png
    press.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 158
Daaaamn ken!!' Looming good and glad u found ur final destination for O'Connor racing....may have a set of heads for u to play with, see if we can get some more ponies out of my engine.