Ken OConnor Racing Ride 2012

when we arrived friday, ken had already replaced steves base gasket so we could get a ride in, the rebuild was to happen during the all day rain on saturday, i told my buddy on his rappy 700 that we'd do a small loop to get warmed up while everyone else was getting ready, well, he didn't make it, 5 minutes in he clipped a tree and rolled that big heavy ass thing onto his arm, breaking it !!!!!
he still tried to ride, but it was too bad, tarmo graciously had his wife take him to the ER. as we continued to ride,
yep, a clean break of the tibia.

not to go all that way and not ride, craig rode on sunday, with one arm, and the broken one in a splint and sling, seems the rappy has enuf torque to start without giving it gas, so he worked the clutch with his right hand until getting going, then switched over to the gas,
again...KOR to the rescue, as ken hung back with him all day, mainly to insure this nutcase didn't hurt himself again, LOL

2s1tyly.jpg

vid uploading......................

Last edited:
eehhh, but a mere flesh wound............

slickers cuttin up at the pit..............

sundays riders............

25qzm7a.jpg

gotta work on editing a few more vids

i'd also like to mention, besides getting my ass kicked dragging speedy and slick, although i was in the right lane with high weeds holding me back and they were on the worn path, LOL
i also got poisen ivy when steve figured our little horseplay was for real, and decided to try out the new wresting moves he's been teaching his son on me, throwing us both into a patch of it, i sure hope he gets it too, although he had full riding gear on, and i was in shorts an cut off shirt, damn i'm itchy !!!!

i also lost a bet to ken saturday night, he pulled some secret arm wrestling moves on me, taught to him by a pro.
the loser had to get his head shaved,
i'm now sporting a very short crew cut !!!!!!
someone post up the vid of dave and ken buzzing my head ???

Last edited by a moderator:
/\/\/\/\ see how he's pushing in on my elbow while pulling on my arm.....damn cheater, LOL

i found a little jump to play on............

Again, Big huge Thanks to the KOR crew for the fantastic weekend, looking forward to the next meet!

Ken did almost kill me with laughter, when we went back to the house for some R&R!

Ian and his wife, Tarmo and his wife were awesome as was Dave and his wife/kids Thanks guys!

I wonder how many fingers Dave will get tonight! Bwaaaahaaaaaaa

For the ride home Imagine a 6'1 230lb guy sitting on a jump seat in a ford ranger for three hours at a time-----Dedication my friends! I'd do it all over again!

Sean's banshee is one bad ass fast ass quad. Could not hit top end on it, it just kept pulling and pulling, and wheelie-ing!
If anyone thinks Ken cannot build banshee motors, you should take the trip to Ken's or to AWK's wild ride and ride that beast but beware you have been warned!
Ken is a master on any motor!
I was scared to ride Tarmo's widowmaker 500, but one day I just may have to!
The raptor 700 was a beast as well!

Thanks Joe, for driving, even with the pitstop in NY, was fun!
-Slick

Last edited:
speedy helping with some lathe work...........

the older fellow to the right in the vid above is kens freind and machining mentor Hank Graff, he's a retired aerospace engineer, we did some talking and you can just tell he's a very very smart man, glad i got to meet him

AWK they where some great vids i se you had some fun after I left. No really it was an awsome time I cant thank the KOR group enough they where out standing thank you guys. Awk I would help you anytime I didn't have a problem taking care of my friends. I'm glad you guys got home safe ill see you at Awks wild ride 4.

Awk I would help you anytime I didn't have a problem taking care of my friends. I'm glad you guys got home safe ill see you at Awks wild ride 4.

that goes both ways with most of us, i just happen to be the one having troubles lately...slick just saved my ass in pittsburgh last month.
a big thanx to my BF brutha's I:I

BTW.....i changed the other side wheel bearing while there also, i wasn't taking any chances
$240 later for both new wheel hub assembly's, the ranger ran like a top on the ride home, and i even got my ABS back, as the sensors are in the wheel bearings
that was a long heavy pull for that little truck....
2 blasters and a rappy 700 on the trailer, a bed full of gear, and the 3 of us

Last edited:
that goes both ways with most of us, i just happen to be the one having troubles lately...slick just saved my ass in pittsburgh last month.
a big thanx to my BF brutha's I:I

BTW.....i changed the other side wheel bearing while there also, i wasn't taking any chances
$240 later, the ranger ran like a top on the ride home, and i even got my ABS back, as the sensors are in the wheel bearings
that was a long heavy pull for that little truck....
2 blasters and a rappy 700 on the trailer, a bed full of gear, and the 3 of us

im surprised u have a tranny left in that truck with all that on it!!

ford definately was not praised for their trannys, dont know if they fixed their problems but i know back in the day they were garbage

ill see u guys next yr

anyone know when any other builders are holding their customer appreciation days, with a weekend full of riding, wrenchin, free room and board, all you can eat and drink, and sharing of trade secrets ???

i'd like to send them a stripped out cylinder stud to repair so i can attend too :)

Last edited:
The KOR treated us like family and that's what customer relationship about. I had a great time with my connecticut friends . I can't wait till next year. I'd like to thank all the ladies for preparing the meals it was outstanding thank you.

looked like an awesome time. wish i could make it up there, but damn it's way too far.

everybody looked like they had an awesome time! (besides the 2 broken arms, one compliments of Raptor, the other compliments of Kens skill and Ninja training!!!) cant wait till next month! Stock up on Band-aids and Red Solo Cups!!!!!

Does Ken host these rides every year? I'd love to go to the next one. I would love to learn some new things from Ken himself, and I'd love to meet all you guys. The blaster is about done, and I'm going to need to find some places to ride, because NJ cracks down on ATV's hard, and there are not many places around here that I can ride at. I'd love to go up there and ride the trails with you guys.

Awesome pics awk only complaint is i shoulda stood in front, you can hardly see me behind ken Haha

i noticed that in your vid, when big 'ol tarmo put his goggles on upside down, he was actually looking up at you !!!!!

Glad you all had a good time. We’ve been doing this for a few years now and I’ll try to keep finding ways to make it more fun and interesting. I’m very lucky to have such great employees, friends, mentors and trails and it’s my pleasure to share them with you……customers or not.

Awk: I’ll see you in September. Can’t wait.

Slick: Thanks for cleaning up the trash, unloading the dishwasher and generally being my biotch! SLAP!!!

Speedy: You’re so lucky to have your Pap. Tell him you love him every day.

Pap: Please forget everything you learned on this trip.

Craig: Don’t ever make me ride that slow again.

Steve: Please start TAKING CARE OF YOUR RIDE!!!!!!!!

Sean (the guy with the Banshee) please don’t kill yourself on that machine. She’s nasty!

Tarmo: Keep picking things up and putting them down.

.Dave: What a couple does in the bedroom should not be public knowledge. Take two for Tarmo. I’m working on a special song just for you.
Ben: Nice job jumping the 500. Get healthy and win more races. GO 971!!!

Jess: Thanks for putting up with me, my brothers and KOR. You’re the best!!!! And you can cook too!!

Liz: Thanks for cooking, making fun of Dave and helping with the food.

Polly: Thanks for giving it to Dave.

Jen D: Shift sooner!!!!!!!

I hope to see all of you AND A BUNCH MORE next year.

Thanks for coming.

Dave: What a couple does in the bedroom should not be public knowledge. Take two for Tarmo. I’m working on a special song just for you.

if dave hadn't made he and polly's sexual escapades public, you wouldn't have sung that awesome song, that dropped grown men to their knees in hysterical laughter !!!!!
i thought slick was gonna need CPR
you're one funny mo-fo brutha !!!!!! I:I

I just laughed my ass off again! Oh my, what a weekend! Sure could use one of those once a month!

So I like to keep a place cleaned up..... least I could do after all ya did for us!

I sure will work on keeping it clean it looked awesome. ill see AWK and Slick in a month to ride awks mountain ride and to have a little fun.