hp gain from mods

alright cool i have been emailing you and dabbling with the decision and i think I'm going to send the head over either today or tomorrow. thanks for helping the decision lol

i just wanna see numbers to justify the $ i have to spend.

Numbers don't win races

This is the age old battle of the dyno vs. seat time. I just dropped $3700 to build an engine that will make around 85-90whp. Had I selected different parts, I could have made 105hp or more for the same price, but the power curve would have been useless for what I need. Professionals are professionals for a reason, and that reason is that they are good enough at what they do that people feel compelled to pay them to do what they need. If you want numbers, build it for 300' drag and run it on nitromethane. Don't expect to be able to put it in the woods or any other area though.

If you feel than the cost of letting KOR build you a jam-up engine is unreasonable, you should be considering a different platform anyway. I've seen well-built Blasters outrun piped Banshees before.

Let KOR do the work. If you are disappointed, maybe you should evaluate your expectations.

Reactions: OConnor Racing
421 MX ported race gas serval
CPI small bore in-frames
35PWK
VF4s
Custom domes
Pro-mod trans

I didn't go in with +80hp in mind, I just had a target of a super wide powerband and this was the easiest way to achieve it for under $4k. Just turns out that it should make +80hp. The build below made 96hp on 28pwks, Shearers, and different porting. I feel that it would be safe to say that I'll be around 10hp shy of that since my porting isn't going to be that aggressive and I'm using CPIs instead of a drag-pipe. I'll be using oxygenated race gas, so there'll be another hp or 2.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/178758-redline-421-race-gas-serval/