hp gain from mods

blaster888

May 21, 2014
hello i am doing some new mods to my blaster because of a broken piston id like to know approx how much hp ill gain

previous mods are
pipe
lid removed
k and n filter
3/8 inch reed spacer
.060 over
and someone ported the exhaust port not raised it just ported it

new mods are
.060 over
vitos superstock piston
jet kit
vitos reeds
im porting the transfer ports via ken oconers diy videos

I assume my hp before was about 21-23 now im hoping to get a 4-5 hp gain does that sound about right?
26-28 hp in the end?

we dont mess with hp numbers much on here.we use the ass dyno, and you will feel a difference.but if i had to guess id say your gonna be in the mid 20's

There's no way to give a true number. I'm really don't think the base numbers you think you have are anywhere near that high. Over bore, reeds and jet kits don't add power.

hello i am doing some new mods to my blaster because of a broken piston id like to know approx how much hp ill gain

previous mods are
pipe
lid removed
k and n filter
3/8 inch reed spacer
.060 over
and someone ported the exhaust port not raised it just ported it

new mods are
.060 over
vitos superstock piston
jet kit
vitos reeds
im porting the transfer ports via ken oconers diy videos

I assume my hp before was about 21-23 now im hoping to get a 4-5 hp gain does that sound about right?
26-28 hp in the end?
you said you have a aftermarket pipe, what kind?

If your going to pull the cylinder and port it , don't just do the transfer ports do the whole everything he shows. One other thing... get that stock head re-chambered into a hemi with a 19cc to 20cc chamber. you'll fly About 30 hp.

Jet kits are also bad news, they seldom contain jets of a standard size and usually sizes out of the useable range.

The vitos high compression head gasket is perfectly fine to use, ive been using them for many years, with a milled an chambered head, they cause no issues what so ever, but the base gaskets are junk, only use OEM or cometic base gasket.

Dont use a vito's superstock piston, there junk i used one once an it ran like sh*t, put a new wiseco pro lite in it.

Vito's forged pistons are made by Wiseco. The superstock has the rings moved down about 1mm. If you had a problem, it wasn't the pistons fault. IF the ex port was already raised and you added SS piston, you might have had to much ex and blowdown timing to work with your pipe.

so the vitos piston has the exhaust edge filed down to act like raising the exhaust port,if someone did in fact raise it already then that might be trouble. (The high compression gasket=thinner so it wont disperse the heat as well.)
My opinion is that it is a cheap way to improve performace, [at the cost of not lasting as long] as to,raising the exhaust port for real and getting the head cut..It is your choice its alot easier to go the vitos route,but much more benificial to do it right.I f you do it i want to know how much compression it raised it by:)

( ) When did it become the gaskets job to disperse heat? If anything, being thinner it would conduct the heat quicker to the cyl. (.032 vs. .018")

[ ] What won't last as long?

10X What Blaaster said!!! /\ /\ /\ /\. LETS GET FACTS STRAIT! I love how every nincompoops answer for and engine not running properly is"Put a wiseco piston in it".
Get educated.
I've been building engines for a long time,and I've had a few wiseco pistons loose they're ring locating pins (two stroke) allowing the ring to rotate and destroy the cylinder after catching a ring in a port. This happened twice in banshees (expensive). I checked another wiseco for loose pins before assembly of a Honda CR 250 and found a loose locating pin. You could easily push it in with a screw driver. Perhaps that was a bad batch? That and if you don't give those pistons proper warm up, they will heat un-evenly in the bore and smear the bore. Does this mean they're bad pistons? No, but check those pins, and do a proper warm up.

I have recently fitted a KOR ported cylinder which came supplied with a Weisco piston, and that is why I changed to forged.

What it was replaced with is a stock cast piston of 1995 vintage with countless hours of hard riding on it.

The piston is in such good condition, it still has the machining marks on it an will last for many hours if re fitted in its cylinder mate.

The reasons that cast pistons get such a bad reputation is because they do not get looked after, lubricate them well with a good oil, keep the air clean through the correct size jets and warm them up fully before subjecting them to any work.

The same as above applies to a forged piston as well, especially in cold weather.

When a cast piston drops a skirt, it leaves a lot of residue in the crankcase, which needs removing.

When a forged piston lets go there is usually no crankcase left to pick the bits out of..

10X Whprettuaster said!!! /\ /\ /\ /\. LETS GET FACTS STRAIT! I love how everynincompoops answer for and engine not running properly is"Put a wiseco piston in it".
Get educated.
I've been building engines for a long time,and I've had a few wiseco pistons loose they're ring locating pins (two stroke) allowing the ring to rotate and destroy the cylinder after catching a ring in a port. This happened twice in banshees (expensive). I checked another wiseco for loose pins before assembly of a Honda CR 250 and found a loose locating pin. You could easily push it in with a screw driver. Perhaps that was a bad batch? That and if you don't give those pistons proper warm up, they will heat un-evenly in the bore and smear the bore. Does this mean they're bad pistons? No, but check those pins, and do a proper warm up.
So seems like your calling me a nincompoop, if so thats pretty sh*tty, ive help quite a few people around here, an my posts are based on facts from my own personal experiences, not from sh*t ive read about. The vito's super stock piston is just a hack job substitute for a properly built engine,if you want port timing altered then do it right an have the cylinder properly ported with the port timing set to your desired specs, not set with a piston that has a chunk taken out of the exhaust side that has 2 sharp edges that will retain heat an be prone to detonation. But thats cool im a nincompoop so im out

98blaster... Don't be so sensitive. The reason I said what I said is because that's seems to be everybody's answer for the stock piston.... "Wiseco man!" ...yeah right.
Wiseco parts are not diamonds like most people think. They're cranks suck and are "usually" not in spec. Lots of complaints about them from many people. A factory OEM is the way to go and hard to beat, or a properly rebuilt oem (KOR) is the way to go. Yes, ... the pins that locate the rings on the wiseco pistons have been known to come loose and ruin a top end, and definitely gaul and smear in the bore if not warmed up properly, which is most of the time.
Same goes for the tors... Yeah everybody removes it to clean things up on they're bike... I get that, but how many people blame the tors system for they're lack of maintenance? Lots! Just like the oil injection system. "Take it off it breaks"...no it doesn't.
The vito's pistons are not junk, but are over rated and they do work, and the difference is noticeable. For someone that is replacing they're top end with a new piston, and wants to squeeze a bit more power out of the engine without resorting to porting, they work great. They're is nothing wrong with them.
I have no idea why "your" vito's piston ran "like sh*t", but I guess it is what it is. I say Hmmmm.

Both pistons have the pros and cons. Have seen demos of cast and forged squeezed in a press and shot with a pistol.
If cast are so bad the factory wouldn't use them.
Would have to believe any piston could have manufacturing defects.

So seems like your calling me a retard, if so thats pretty sh*tty, ive help quite a few people around here, an my posts are based on facts from my own personal experiences, not from sh*t ive read about. The vito's super stock piston is just a hack job substitute for a properly built engine,if you want port timing altered then do it right an have the cylinder properly ported with the port timing set to your desired specs, not set with a piston that has a chunk taken out of the exhaust side that has 2 sharp edges that will retain heat an be prone to detonation. But thats cool im a retard so im out
Don't sweat it Mike. The only retard is the one who comes here once every 2 months and spurts off crap like "run the stock oil injection system", "get a hemi head", "use cast pistons only", and then says hmmmmm. Nevada must have schools for the gifted every mile....

Wow... another retard.

YOU seamed nice in your videos that you uploaded to youtube,but when it comes to typing it on the forum,and world wide web,im just not seeing it......Maybe you can redeem yourself?

ALSO has anyone noticed that the origional poster has not been on his thread,i think this is a case of Thread Jacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all of it should be deleted and inform origional poster to start a new thread or just pm someone who can help in his specific situation......

Don't sweat it Mike. The only retard is the one who comes here once every 2 months and spurts off crap like "run the stock oil injection system", "get a hemi head", "use cast pistons only", and then says hmmmmm. Nevada must have schools for the gifted every mile....
Trust me Ian im not sweating it at all, my bikes run an run very very well, an frankly thats all that matters, apparently my retardation my have had something to do with how well my bikes run.
Oh BTW how does it feel to be retarded too