need some ADVICE

michigan19guy

Aug 9, 2011
hello all blaster guys and girls im new here and this is my first post here, i have a 02 blaster with 01 engine, with mods such as 3 mm stroker, ( i believe 30 mm carb, weisco piston ported and polished jug , head milled .30 bored over .60 cylinder , v force reeds oil block off kit, dyno port pipe and exhaust , barnettes clutch, adjustable timeing plate ( not sure what it does? any one help there?) 14 tooth sprocket in front and 38 in back, ( good or bad?) +4 inch swing arm, uni air filter, itp t-9 rear wheels , maxxis razr tires, dg nerf bars twist grip throttle, ( looking for thumb box if any one has for sell ) blingstar front bumper, 180 lbs of compression, runs on 110/93 octane fuel , my question after all that is, if i got a big bore kit? vitos or any other? 240's? would it make diffrence motor wise? power wise? worth the money? id like a bigger big bore, but.. everyone says it will over heat? any statements?

Reactions: blasterdemon7
You've already got a pretty stout setup there. You're looking for more?!

Honestly, with all the other stuff you have going on, a 30mm carburetor might be limiting you. That setup would probably do well with a PWK33 or 34PJ.

Obviously, a big bore kit (240 cc top end) is going to put out more power. It's a 20% increase in displacement straight out of the box. The real power is in the porting though. You can get top ends (if you're willing to pay enough $$$$$) that have 250R porting straight out of the box and will put down 41hp with the right carburetor (you would absolutely HAVE to upgrade your carb for a BBK). The LA sleeve/CT racing 240 kit is the cream of the crop but also the most pricey.

Somewhere mixed in there is an Airsal kit from PB. It's a nikasil'd 71mm top end but similar port layout (minus the 250R reeds basically)

There's a vito's 240cc BBK. It's a 12 port design (similar to stock but slightly improved) with triples and boyesen's

Then you have a "sleeve" 240 kit which can truly range from mild to wild. That's a stock cylinder with a BBK sleeve shoved down inside it.

The prices are *generally* highest at the top and lowest at the bottom with the potential power output also listed in that order.

Air cooled top ends are EXTREMELY sensitive to proper jetting, big bore or not. With proper jetting a Big Bore kit is no more likely to overheat than a stock blaster.

i like my setup but was just seeing if it was worth the hassle to go for more? i have another blaster that is a 89, thats bored over .30 and bill balance exhuast and pro circuit pipe, with itp tires, that i prob need to have work done on engine, ( i bought it for 500$ as is wasnt running, ( stupid me) i ordered clutch and will be here tomorrow to see if will fire up then, )

and im brain dead to specifics on blaster such as " 72.44mm piston " type deal, im not to experienced with blasters but am learning as i go , so little more explainging gos long ways with me haha * thanks!

that is a realy nice set up you have there. let's see some pix. the adjustable timing plate is to retard your timing to get more power. but whoever ported the topend would have the best advice for where to put the timing

hmm im try up load pics now, it doesnt look to cool, lol im looking for race cut plastics, so i can do the " look" aspect but loading pics now,

try'd uploading but wouldnt do it some reason, im go try take pic now and send to email and upload that way :) please give me second

Easiest way to upload pics is to create a free photobucket account . Upload your pics from your computer , or from your web phone . Copy and Paste the HTML code found by right clicking the picture you want to upload and select " properties " Then go to Blasterforum , click on this thread , hit add reply , then at the top of the message box , 7 images from the left , click it and you will have a box appear that you just paste that html code into and submit the message . Your pic will appear in the message .

0e379c8a.jpg

4774e09a.jpg

016ac0a1.jpg

5771f7ef.jpg

892bf9ee.jpg

that is a really nice setup. Next on the list for me, if it was my bike, would be 35mm airstriker carb, and too add a small piece of pipe between the airfilter and carb. I.E. a velocity stack.

how much those run ? and what would it do for my blaster power wise? and what kind peice between carb and intake? sadly i try'd selling her, but prices for these things drop majorly to fast , any one have parts for sell? ( thumb throttle, bigger carb, custom plastics? or know where to get any of these cheap ? i cant post in wanted section yet ) also thanks for uploads :)

you should be able to get a 35mm airstriker carb on ebay for around 100 bucks on a good day. airstriker is better but non airstriker is fine also. And those carbs are made by pwk i think. Now for the velocity stack, all you need is a piece of pvc pipe about 4-6 inches in length that can fit into the rubber adapter that is currently on that carb and able to fit the carb on the other end. Velocity stacks add turbulence to the air when going entering the carb and assist in atomization of the air and fuel.

best advice i can give you being from michagan is................

STAY FAR, FAR, AWAY FROM KENNEDY POWERSPORTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!