How To Re-Pack Your Silencer (w/ Steel Wool)

as i read this i was thinking???????????have you ever left steel wool on the sink after you scubed a pot and two days later it's a pile of rust with no wool!!!!!!!!!

i'm new but just my 1.5 cents

that makes sense but all the unburned oil that goes through would coat the whool and preserve it, i would think

I just repacked mine yesterday, used oooo, works and sounds great. Just wondering, how often would you need to replace something like that??

i just repacked mine also the other day.. got the finest wool i could find... pretty simple to do. i decided to repack after a 1/2 mile of WOT then after i shut the bike off and i still had smoke coming from the exhaust lol smoke was my original packing burning inside.. such a pleasant smell i tell ya lol

Did you just re pack it for the hell of it after 1/2 mile. Or you plan on doing it that often anyway?

Hey, I hear alot of people talkin about having bansee/z400 front shocks and 400ex rear shocks. Will they fit on stock blaster arms/swing arm?

banshee shox will bolt rite up on the front..... z400s will not an the 400ex is a bolt on deal also.... lotta ppl talk about havin to mod the rear shock an their airbox to make it work... that puzzles me because i had to do zilch mods for my rear to work. i bolted it in an rode.

hey i'm thinking about doing this after i get a new stator, i also have a lrd pipe, is there anyway to pack the steel wool in a way to make it louder than a regular lrd pipe? what would happen if i were to use a thicker steel wool?

I just have one question really quick. . . . . I have a DG pipe and silencer on mine, and the guys that had my bike before me were a bunch of idiots and didn't know what they were doing, i'm 17 and i've fixed it better than they had it running before. but anyway, i don't have anything in my silencer, no packing spark arrestor core or anything, does that make a difference in anything but the db? cause it's louder than hell, but i like it, however if packing it would change performance for the better, i'd do that.

hmm... you still have the end cap on? if the gas is going thru a pipe then enters into an open chamber then has to squish back thru the endcap that would cause restriction i would think. either put a solid pipe in there or just take the endcap off. idk just my 2 cents.

and lbdw, blasters are not crap, you just don't know how to ride. lol. j/k. they are kinda small but i still love mine. i have ridden a couple 4 strokes tho and i absolutely love yfz 450's. i know one kid that has one that is stock with exception of a slip on muffler, it is pretty quick, good power, and a good buddy of mine has one that was a race quad before he bought it, it has everything done, bored, ported, like $600 exhaust. that thing flies. push on the thumb throttle and it scares ya but you can't help but give it more lol.