Checking Interest: Custom Swingarms

Starting...this will be around a 3" extended swinger

Just trying fitment after drilling

007.jpg

006.jpg

Reactions: 2000blasternewb
Gonna take a week or two but I've got most of the stuff to do it now. Just waiting on my pinch bolts now...just ordered them today. After it's powder coated, it should be good to go! I am gonna make it a 3 way adjustable shock mount. One for long travel, and 2 settings to make it either higher in the rear or lower...

Thanks Freek...Flames seemed too common now days and the other housings looked too stock. I'll get the other side drilled out this evening and figure out where I'm going with the cross braces and gusseting...

More to come tomorrow night....hopefully get the gussets cut and get those pivot points welded up. Need to find the right size tubing, for the shock mounts and a bolt to fit snugly on the shock mount so it will be easily interchangeable in height and long travel. I figure tomorrow I'll get most of it welded up with the carrier housing welded up as well. Awaiting the pinch bolts now...

Reactions: little3mil
wow that looks really clean! if they look like that its well worth the money man that looks quality. spider web sets it off bro nice! +5 reps for great work

This has only taken 2 days...I'm gonna gusset with some 1x1 square tubing so it looks practical but not tacky. I got my bolt and nylock nut for the shock so this will take some measuring for that. Then i gotta weld up the pivot points and pinch bolts and it's all done! Well then i gotta powder coat it...shine up the carrier too.

Told you guys i was gonna try it!