Checking Interest: Custom Swingarms

hole saw?? everything was done on a cnc mill.. I found center then prrogramed the machine to mill the appropriate size circle. The bar for the pivot tubes, I turned on a lath, then while in the lathe I center drilled and and tapped the ends. The blocks that i welded onto the base to hold the pivot I did on the mill so the holes were perfect size and location

Reactions: callmej75
I have a lathe, 2 regular drillpresses, one monster drill press, professional solvent tank with pump, two air compressors, a mig weld, an oxy/acy setup, belt sander, 2 differnt bench grinders, chop saw nitrogen tank, etc in the garage, then my uncles shop down the street has 1 big lathe, 2 big cnc lathes, 7 or 8 cnc bridgeports, 2 440v tig welders, 440v mig, 3 mazaks various carbide and blade saws, verticle and horizontal band saws etc.....

So I would say I'm not doing too bad for what I'm working with? A jig....that would make life much faster doing this. Now that i know where to put all of my bracing and gussets, that makes it much faster. Right now it's trial and error figuring it out.

The first one takes 3 weeks, the second one a week, the third one a day, with a good jig, figure out everything as you build the first one and blue print it. second one you do, cut the pieces to do 5 at once, you can do 5 of them in 3 days.

Sounds about right....

You know, the pivots I have found to be a certain size pipe....can't remember...i got from Lowes. I reused the old pivots from my stock swingarm, making sure to carefully grind the old welds off. Only thing was it was recessed a little wider at the ends for the bearings and nylon bushings. If i could find something to machine those out then lightly dremel with a 120 grit sanding drum, it would be a smooth perfect fit and i could make my own in lots as i would have the cut steel for the swingarms already.

I used JJ&A's pivots...cheaper than messing around on the lathe..

Check this one out (not mine)

Attachments

• chassis%20inc%20002 [800x600].jpg
    chassis%20inc%20002 [800x600].jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 254
damn 850 for a new one makes 200 seem like a killer deal to make one and thats with the carrier also...

great job man

Without the carrier...Still would be a killer deal because it is more durable and better design than the swingarm shops new round swingers.

PM'd ya...

Here is the deal, if I can get at least 5 people dedicated to buying a swingarm, then i will order the steel and get to fabbing. Around here, i have to order a minimum of $100 worth of steel for a purchase.

Here is what I can offer:

Complete swingarm with carrier, pivot bearings installed, and custom powder coated for $400. I would make up a jig for these so i can do them in a timely manner as well, and test fitment before sending off as well to ensure an exact bolt up fit.

PM'd ya...

Here is the deal, if I can get at least 5 people dedicated to buying a swingarm, then i will order the steel and get to fabbing. Around here, i have to order a minimum of $100 worth of steel for a purchase.

Here is what I can offer:

Complete swingarm with carrier, pivot bearings installed, and custom powder coated for $400. I would make up a jig for these so i can do them in a timely manner as well, and test fitment before sending off as well to ensure an exact bolt up fit.

id be down for one for sure if you can do a roundhouse swingerrrr, i PM'd ya earlier about it

id be down for one for sure if you can do a roundhouse swingerrrr, i PM'd ya earlier about it

Yeh your interest and another person's got me thinking, and I did some figuring and with 5 definite orders, i'd be able to set up a jig and do these. If we can come up with the people...i'd be down for sure. This would be a bolt up swinger with 12" of guaranteed travel with a 250r shock that will be tested prior to shipping. Of course with a choice of color for powder coating as well.

Yeh your interest and another person's got me thinking, and I did some figuring and with 5 definite orders, i'd be able to set up a jig and do these. If we can come up with the people...i'd be down for sure. This would be a bolt up swinger with 12" of guaranteed travel with a 250r shock that will be tested prior to shipping. Of course with a choice of color for powder coating as well.

get 3 more!!!!!!! :)