Checking Interest: Custom Swingarms

if you would've read phragles suspension geometry 101 thread......you would have considered it while thinking about making swing arms

I did read it. Me and math and all that mess...I cannot comprehend it. Show me some pics and I'll roll with it. So think before you assume.

I'm gonna roll with it...maybe mid next month when I have some money saved for a good notcher and what not. I'll fab up my own, then see what everyone thinks? Pictures speak louder than words...

i would use rectangular tubing. i'm sure if you get in touch with phragle he'd try to clear up whatever you're not sure on with the math. if i get a spanner wrench i might even be able to help you out a bit when i take the measurements to build mine

lol has ANY progress been made on this or is it just a bunch of talk? building a whole swing arm doesnt seem like something someone could just up and do without all the specialty tools and KNOWLEGE needed to do a quality/safe job. mabey im wrong.....

When I save up the money for a notcher, then I will start mocking up a swingarm. You guys are free to throw up some ideas, just like Phragle has done. Once I get all the tools to do it right, then I will be doing mine.

Yeh...I will as soon as I get one fabbed up and tested...I wanna beat the hell out of it first before i would even think of sending one out to someone else.