Blaster vs. Raptor 250 comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
last time i raced sx one of those raptors showed up bn ended up not running, i was pissed off iw anted to see how well they really ran i dont think it would keep up with the heavlilly modded blasters at all in a drag ive beaten piped 400s, banshees with fmfs, tecate with a 300 big bore so it would have to have aalooot of power to keep up with alot of us racers modded blasters

i read the article while grocery shoping with the wife :). I agree that it seems it has the suspension advantage over the blaster along with modern tires stock for stock tires on raptor are better than what was offered stock on blasters. I did enjoy the part on jumping the blaster vs the raptor. It seems the blaster gets more "air" but lands harder due to suspension.

I have seen the little blasters do a lot and the only reason they are not arround in a new design (2 stroke that is) is simply because of the emmissions issue that the government wants. What is funny is that from what I heard the exhaust while looking bad on 2 stroke is actually not as bad emmission wise as most 4 strokes while they idle!

I agree it would be cool to see a raptor 250 with a blaster motor in it to get looks :).

i read the dirt wheels article on the comparison too,actually i have the mag. I agree i wouldnt trade my blaster for the rappy but sense i want to get into cross country racing i'm thinking of selling me blaster and getting the rappy but i odnt wanna cuz i love the blaster so much but my blaster is kinda old and it wouldnt handle much races and i think it would be better to make some moeny out of it. It would be more expensive to upgrade my blaster on suspension and handling sutff. what do yall think?

i was looking to get my gf a 250 raptor but think i saved 1500$ and bought her a used 04 blaster with a couple suspension upgrades i will think its beter

idk what you guys are doing but me and my friend weigh the same and his raptor 350 will win every time and yes i know how to do a simple drag race his and my quad are both bone stock well i have diff tires thats it.

i think that 2 of the same skilled riders and same weight and everything the blaster and raptor 250 would be pretty close.

a stock 350 i think has about 20-22 hp our blaster have 17hp so that prolly means the 250 has about 15 hp give or take one.

the raptor 250 weighs about 5-10 lbs less then the blasty.

blaster may have more hp but the raptor 250 has more torque.

IF I AM WRONG AT ANYTHING THEN DONT FLAME ME I AM STATING THIS TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE..

They Replaced The Blaster For The Raptor 250 Because The Blaster Is To Fast For Its Class. They Made The Raptor Because Its Less Matinace And 4 stroke. The Raptor Only Has Better Shocks And ele Start Other Then That The Blaster Is Way Better.

you guys crack me up.
a piped 250 raptor, makes around 18rwhp .
a piped blaster makes around 18rwhp. and im not even going to go into how many more free mods there are available for the raptor. explain this incredible jump from a 4 to a 2 stroke motor, of much less than double displacement.
in case you guys are unaware, the raptor was the replacement for the blaster. i expect this arguement to go far, because this is an incredibly biased site.
not to mention the suspension complexity far outweighs the poor suspension on the blaster. now, take into fact that it weighs a full 15lbs less than the blaster stock for stock, and it has e-start! taken from http://www.atvsource.com/articles/press_releases/2007/092707_yamaha_2008_raptor_250_sport_atv.htm btw.
the blaster was a good quad in it's day, but theres no denying that the raptor is superior in every sense.

well theres a vid on youtube wtih a guy on back of a blaster and a driver beating a raptor 250 with jus the driver on it

you guys crack me up.
a piped 250 raptor, makes around 18rwhp .
a piped blaster makes around 18rwhp. and im not even going to go into how many more free mods there are available for the raptor. explain this incredible jump from a 4 to a 2 stroke motor, of much less than double displacement.
in case you guys are unaware, the raptor was the replacement for the blaster. i expect this arguement to go far, because this is an incredibly biased site.
not to mention the suspension complexity far outweighs the poor suspension on the blaster. now, take into fact that it weighs a full 15lbs less than the blaster stock for stock, and it has e-start! taken from http://www.atvsource.com/articles/press_releases/2007/092707_yamaha_2008_raptor_250_sport_atv.htm btw.
the blaster was a good quad in it's day, but theres no denying that the raptor is superior in every sense.

You crack me up. You come on this site and talk all kinds of crap about a blaster and you've NEVER even owned one.
Go get yourself a raptor 250 and I'll run you for pinks with my outdated old blaster.

we already kno

You crack me up. You come on this site and talk all kinds of crap about a blaster and you've NEVER even owned one.
Go get yourself a raptor 250 and I'll run you for pinks with my outdated old blaster.

tell him dont waste his 4,000 bucks we already know the outcome of this

This is a review that someone who has BOTH quads stock should make. I Have both quads, an 04 Blaster completely stock still has the ballon tires with very few hours of riding. I have also the raptor 250,stock. REMEMBER THIS A STOCK FOR STOCK REVIEW!

I weight 120 pounds and am 5'6''.
ERGONOMICS- Heres the raptor wins it easily with no problem. Lets start with the plastics, they are desgined better,you can easily move in it without your knees hitting any fenders, now in the blaster for big people this is a problem because they will be hitting the fenders everytime they move.Airbox lid is just a few click away for easy access if you lose your screwdriver or anything.It weights 15 pounds lighter if im correct,this is a difference when it comes to your jump or wanting to make a quick u turn in the trail. Basic maintnece(whoever its written) is 98% the same so here theres no change or anything.It's electric start so this is a big difference if the quad is for a lil kid who cant kick start the blaster, personally i like the kick start because it builds up the adrenaline lol.

PERFORMANCE- This is were the raptor has a lil trouble keeping up with the blaster when it comes to speed but in handling its the blaster trying to keep up. Just as it was said in the Dirt Wheels comparison the Blaster wins the drags by 1 or 2 quad lenghts. The raptor has a good acceleration but the blaster takes it with ease, it reaches the top speed faster than the raptor and well it has more top end than the raptor obviously because its a two stroke.When it comes to bottom end the raptor wins it with ease, the difference is very noticeble where i always ride i used to climb one of the steep hills in second with the blaster but had to gain a lil speed, in the raptor i climb it in 3rd gear easily.

Ok so if your looking to spent alot of money in the quad and prep it for racing,get a blaster,there easier to work on, have cheap performance parts and are fast quads. If you just want a good trail riding quad and are just looking to spent money on pipe and air filter,basic stuff, get the raptor,its new and its good. It all comes down to what you want your quad for, what type of performance your looking for. if you want to rev the livin sh*t out of it and have great acceleration get the Blaster no doubt about it, if you wanna be king of the hill get the raptor. When i have the time ill make a more detailed review with drag times and stuff.Hope this helps.

I second that 245..... i have 120 for bb kit 75 for overbore 170 for +3 crank 140 for piston 130 for reeds 200 for pipe and ported myself. thats a total of 835 for motor work. u could dump 875 into a rappy 350 and i guarentee u cant touch my blaSTY on the track in a drag or in the woods. a rappy 250 would couldnt even come close!!! u could have oversized valves, cammed, piped, port work, 3 angle valve job...high compression piston ...doesnt matter i will win.right now i am wrenchn on my bike and my goal is to beat my buddies cammed 13:1 yfz in a drag. yes his yfz is supperior on the mx but flat out i am about 3 lenghts behind in a 500 ft drag on asphalt. i think once i get a 35mm carb and i can still play with the compression i will have him. and yes there will be videos.

blaster biotch you are correct,but all i want to corretc you in is that the raptor 250 is faster than the 350,so the 250 will come closer than the 350 but it still wont touch the blasty,thats why in my review i say,modded to modded the blaster takes it.

sorry i assumed the 350 was faster. but either way a 250 or 350 is something to putt around on and unless you are a young kid then it is not something you would want rip on. i personally prefere a 2000-2004 honda 400ex to cruise on. rides like a caddy and good torque you can pick on up for around 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.