Gutted stock expansion pipe

Whatsup2day

Aug 15, 2023
Just roaming the halls to see if anyone is still around this awsome ghost town...

ive cut open and gutted a stock pipe and welded back together..i m still working on engine(it was grenaded but about ready for reassembly) so haven’t tried it yet.. anyone still on here have any experience with gutted stock pipe?..after reading the pipe shoot out a long time ago it seemed the stock pipe did well for what it was..was wondering what i should expect from it.. im to old to mx and aint getn mad air anymore. My goal is to build this one for low and mid muscle for hills and ravines...once engine is complete i aim to do a 3-3.5 ext swingarm and put a custom rack on the front with small rack and grab bar on the back with a couple pole holders.wanna turn a blaster into an adventure quad i can take camping, fishing, ext and still rip around a bit for that momentary adrenaline rush..

Do you have any pics of the guts? I know there’s some kind of baffling near the head pipe plus the perforated sound control. The increase in volume should help. Presuming you know how the OG pipe worked I’d like to know if it improves.

I had a brilliant :rolleyes: idea about for the stock pipe. My thought was to shorten it in the middle to raise the peak RPM. I canned the idea because there wasn’t enough in the center to make it worthwhile. You gain approximately 1,000 rpm for every inch. Seeing I run a Fat Bastard so I wasn’t too motivated to do it.

Do you have any pics of the guts? I know there’s some kind of baffling near the head pipe plus the perforated sound control. The increase in volume should help. Presuming you know how the OG pipe worked I’d like to know if it improves.

I had a brilliant :rolleyes: idea about for the stock pipe. My thought was to shorten it in the middle to raise the peak RPM. I canned the idea because there wasn’t enough in the center to make it worthwhile. You gain approximately 1,000 rpm for every inch. Seeing I run a Fat Bastard so I wasn’t too motivated to do it.
I had pics of the pipe apart and my engine case damages and repairs but my phone sh*t out on me. Kept turning off randomly and wouldn't charge anymore saying battery was to cold. I was only able to get half my contacts out before it died on me..really bummed about it..I found a couple pics online of them cut open but no info on running them..and it is a total pain in the ass to get the guts out..had to use a die grinder to cut it loose on the inside of the exit end and pry over enough to get a long skinny chisel to cut the spot welds..I'll see if I can find pics online again...been busy working on other people's quads in the ac and haven't put my engine back together yet ..my garage gets super hot and humid rt now...

I had pics of the pipe apart and my engine case damages and repairs but my phone sh*t out on me. Kept turning off randomly and wouldn't charge anymore saying battery was to cold. I was only able to get half my contacts out before it died on me..really bummed about it..I found a couple pics online of them cut open but no info on running them..and it is a total pain in the ass to get the guts out..had to use a die grinder to cut it loose on the inside of the exit end and pry over enough to get a long skinny chisel to cut the spot welds..I'll see if I can find pics online again...been busy working on other people's quads in the ac and haven't put my engine back together yet ..my garage gets super hot and humid rt now...
Screenshot_20230823-124110~2.png

Ya I had a phone put a new battery in then it took a dump.
I was thinking if I gutted it I’d also cut that neck down right in the center. I have a Fat Bastard so really don’t need it. But just to expiriment .

So did it help gutting it ?

Ya I had a phone put a new battery in then it took a dump.
I was thinking if I gutted it I’d also cut that neck down right in the center. I have a Fat Bastard so really don’t need it. But just to expiriment .

So did it help gutting it ?
I haven't ran it yet... probably be a few weeks..got busy working on someone else's quads lately and just picked up a j-head Bridgeport and Sheldon lathe that both need work.. hopefully it will be soon but supposed to be hot af again after today for about 5 -6days and my garage is unbearable like that..no insulation and open rafters and there's a den of snakes(atleast6-8) in there that like to go all over in that heat..they knock all my stuff over all the time ..I need to pressurize the pipe to check for leaks in at the welds yet and was Gona wait till I get this engine done before exchanging pipe and resetting the currently running one..