ball bearings imported from china

KTM RACING 559

Mar 20, 2013
Visalia, California
Ive been lookin around for some cheaper priced ball bearings to replace the worn out trans and crank bearings in the suzuki ts90 engine I'm building. I had purchased japenese made koyo ball bearings for the last blaster motor I rebuilt and they were NOT cheap, around 30 bucks a piece at the local yamaha dealership. Anyways, I came across plenty of bearings on egay that are made and impored from china, and are only around 5bucks a piece. So basicaly my question is, are chinese ball bearings any good?

German or American bearings if you want quality. China,japan,korea etc are all junk and made by $.05 and hour workers. You get what you pay for.

I would not attempt going the china route... Too much work to replace them when they fail.
Most of the blaster bearings seem like standard sizes, just some oil seals are hard for me to find locally (I dont buy these parts online).
I found good bearing for a fraction of the stealers, (oops, sorry, dealers) price. Look for well known brands like timken, fag, skf.
Local bearing suppliers should be able to help you.
I try and avoid using cheap bearings and seals on a engine, and if possible, only factory gaskets!
I strongly suggest using yamabond or 3bond over the loctite ultra grey and similar stuff (which is great stuff by the way, for general normal use)

Reactions: KTM RACING 559