porting tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just got off the phone with MSC. They're not cheap but they will get me one.

I should have it the first of the week and I'll be testing the 3mm collet on the 1/8" tooling to report back.

Figures, the 3mm collet will not work with 1/8" tooling.

The easy solution to this problem is, if you get the right angle pencil grinder, to make sure you only get 1/8" tooling... A mix and match isn't a good solution for this thing.

Plus, really only certain size burrs and stones are needed for what one might use the right angle pencil grinder for (porting the tranfers and chamfering) and they can all be had in 1/8" shank.

YAY! I get to go for it again. The 1/8" collet that I "cracked" before trying to tighten it down on a 3mm shank finally bit the dust. I guess I'll call MSC on Tuesday and order a new one of those now. 8-|

Great. Haven't done much of it other than my own stuff and twostroker99's but I'm ok with that. Wasn't trying to turn it into a business, just trying to be able to "play" myself.

I can definitely see the advantage of the low speed torque of a foredom type grinder but the air powered version works well as long as you take it slow and easy.

Just break down and get some foredom equipment man you got the cash mofo just bust open the piggy bank!

Just break down and get some foredom equipment man you got the cash mofo just bust open the piggy bank!

..... PFFFTTTT! I don't have those Hutzell stacks like you man. It's hard for me to come up off $150 for a right angle drive tool period. It'd cost me $1,000 to setup a porting station and I just can't do it...

Plus, the tools I am doing it with work... they just take a little more patience and time to get it right LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.