yz 125

pb blaster

Nov 26, 2009
I was deciding on either buying a yz or a newer blaster in the next couple months.. just checking if any of you have 125s and what you think of them. Ive never actually ridden dirtbikes before except for my buddies old kx 80.. but it seems like a lot of fun so I'm trying to decide if I can find a decent one for around the same as a nice blaster, $1200-ish

^^Here in North Tx, you can find a nice one in that price range^^ Not to hijack your thread, but I'm also thinking about gettin' a YZ125, so I'll be curious what others in the know think of 'em...

Or if someone has one around the Michigan/Wisconsin/Ohio area that they plan on selling around spring time.. I wouldnt mind driving to pick it up because around here you cant find much haha

I had a yz125. Tell you the gods honest truth it was a scary ass bike. Custom +3 stroker, aggressive trail p&P, reeds, carb, pro circuit exhaust, +4 timing, lightened flywheel. It was race ready. That thing would come up in every gear. After falling a few times I got the hang of it but it was still a little un predicable. Never did get to top it out which is a shame because that thing was a beast. There nice bikes. Without a doubt ill be buying one in the years to come.

Well I have a kx 125 and man what fun it is we do sum serious ridding and I stick with the 250's just thay kill me on the strate's, the YZ 125's are awsome mashine's it is money well spent just my 2cent

ive got a yz 125 got it for 400+ a ps3 its a 97 with pro circut pipe and ive got it jetted to be wicked fast it has put me on my ass one really good time but i love it highly recomend it i would love to have a yz 250 again too twice as good

125's are great bikes. They teach you how to shift and keep them in the powerband.. because you have to to go fast, there almost ball less otherwise. Once you have mastered a 125 and can be fast on one you can ride anything.
And its not just me saying that, many many riders and pros who have been in the sport many years feel the same way.

i want to get a blasty roller and put a yz 250 in it, then i will see whos faster, muhahahahahahaha, i would also like a yz 125, but i think quads are cooler, haha

125s.are sick you pretty much to be on the gas all the time mine was pretty stock and they can hold their own with the rappy 700 great machines very reliable and to make them track ready it really don't take much set the.shocks up and go... and.they are kinda unpredictable after the first few spills youl get the hang of it. I would buy another 97 and up are probably Your best bet and parts are easy to get