YFZ450 front and rear :)

After my last upgrades, new brake lines and extended swinger http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/alien-look-37716/

Now, and because one my front Banshee shocks is blown its now time for this babys, just bought them. I do have honda 400 shock on the rear, i gess ill have to try booth and find out wich is better.

04 YAMAHA YFZ 450 YFZ450 FRONT SHOCKS OEM - eBay (item 220755731215 end time Mar-23-11 15:48:18 PDT)

Picture token today

Fotografia0009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they just bolt right up?

No, on a stock Blaster for the rear you have 2 options. Option 1 (the easy way) cut some lenght on the lower tabs of the shock. Option 2 get a +3 swingarm and use the stock shock mount.
As for the front you need a ""Shock conversion kit", i´m using a Diamond J kit. (For safety reasons this is not a good choise if you ride MX with the Blaster)
Yamaha Blaster 200 A-arms & Shocks Wid. Kit +4.5 or +6 - eBay (item 170050813131 end time Apr-24-11 14:45:45 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator:
They do not bolt right up with a +3 in rear. First you nave to turn down the stock bolt/fab bushings, to take up the play in the top mount. Second for a stock yfz450 rear it sits higher than a stock blaster shock. There is two ways to solve this. First, when getting say a +2,3,4, or whatever you can have them weld the botttom mount to fit a diffrent size shock. Second you can have the shock sent to a company like GTThunder and have it dual springed so that the shock sags to stock height when the rider's weight is on quad. The bottom mount will also need modded cut and drilled. The fronts are easier you just need extended arms with LT mounts. You can see this in my build link at the bottom of the page. where aftermarket yfz shocks were mounted in front and rear.