Front and Rear

Hillbilly_Proud

Dec 11, 2012
Fairborn, OH
Ok ok ok, I know what everyone says is a good cheap upgrade for shocks and what fits with small modifications and what fits w/o having to modify anything, but nobody really talks about what front and rear work good together. Maybe its any combo of the front and rears mentioned. I'm thinking of goin with banshee front and 400ex rear... I'm just trying to plan some of my rebuild out before it comes time in Feb.

This is the thread I'm mostly talkin about http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/cheap-shocks-4054/

skip the banshee shocks, they suck on a banshee
any aftermarket front shock is a huge upgrade over stock or banshee shocks, "works" brand seem to be the most reasonably priced. try to find out what weight there set-up for before buying.
one's set-up for a 125 lb. rider aren't going to cut it for a husky boy like yourself.
the honda 400ex/450r rears are tons better too.

unless you're willing to spend big $ on a matched set of aftermarket front and rears, set-up for your riding style and weight, then just do the works and honda rears, i've run that combo and liked it.

At least IMO the ltz 400 is the better option I mean it's about a 20 bucks difference witch will buy u the bushing kit from ken to mount em... I
Mean again depends on the deal u get on eBay I've seen 400ex for from 45 to 55-65 sometimes more I've found ltz 25-35 an there all about the same.

For fronts with out buying the +3 +1 arms i heard works is a great upgrade. There's a bunch of other ones

I think I'm gonna go with ltz rear and works fronts

any aftermarket front shock is a huge upgrade over stock or banshee shocks, "works" brand seem to be the most reasonably priced. try to find out what weight there set-up for before buying.

X-22200000000008-| on Banshee shocks.

There are also some Arctic Cat Fox shocks that are the length you are looking for, 14 1/2- 3/4. mid 90's machines. Your size could maybe use from up to from a 600cc. I:I

I'm not racing so I don't wanna spend 4, 5, 6, $700 on front shocks alone... In feb i'm doin a frame swap and sending my cylinder to Ken so goin fast is where I wanna spend the big bucks, just lookin for a bit of an upgrade. In my case would these 2 b fine together

Just about any rear shock from the Jap 400-450 class will work on the rear. Keep digging for info here, as to make an informed buy. Some are better than others, some install easier than others. You can go faster with good suspension and brakes than with a fire breathing motor.

Some go to great lengths, such as this: http://www.blasterforum.com/suspens...-450-complete-front-suspension-blaster-36120/ I:I I:I I:I

Have you looked here? http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/cheap-shocks-4054/

That's the nice thing about Blasters, nobody's afraid to try something.I:I As to the A.C. shocks, that's an idea I got off of (cough,cough) BHQ

X-22200000000008-| on Banshee shocks.

There are also some Arctic Cat Fox shocks that are the length you are looking for, 14 1/2- 3/4. mid 90's machines. Your size could maybe use from up to from a 600cc. I:I

x2 ^^^ banshee shocks blow on any quad. They possibly might be an improvement on worn out blaster shocks but thats about it. Dont waste the coin on shee shocks. Keep your eyes peeled in the for sale section here, no need to spend over 260 bux on fronts used and in great condition.

Just about any rear shock from the Jap 400-450 class will work on the rear. Keep digging for info here, as to make an informed buy. Some are better than others, some install easier than others. You can go faster with good suspension and brakes than with a fire breathing motor.

Some go to great lengths, such as this: http://www.blasterforum.com/suspens...-450-complete-front-suspension-blaster-36120/ I:I I:I I:I

Have you looked here? http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/cheap-shocks-4054/

That's the nice thing about Blasters, nobody's afraid to try something.I:I As to the A.C. shocks, that's an idea I got off of (cough,cough) BHQ

There is a link to the second thread in my original post

Well I can sell my blaster shocks for pretty much the same price as the banshee shocks so its not really wasting money for a bit of an upgrade for free..... I'll keep doing research and bargin hunting until Feb, my mind is in no way made up.... If so many people bash the banshee shocks y are they stickied on here in a thread as an improvement?

Ok, has anyone ran the banshee fronts with a 400ex rear? If so did you like it? Any info to share about it?

Well I can sell my blaster shocks for pretty much the same price as the banshee shocks so its not really wasting money for a bit of an upgrade for free..... I'll keep doing research and bargin hunting until Feb, my mind is in no way made up.... If so many people bash the banshee shocks y are they stickied on here in a thread as an improvement?

Ok, has anyone ran the banshee fronts with a 400ex rear? If so did you like it? Any info to share about it?

They are an improvement if your blaster shocks are slam wore out and you buy shee shocks that are in better shape is all.

They are an improvement if your blaster shocks are slam wore out and you buy shee shocks that are in better shape is all.

Ok, that makes since but if ur blaster shocks r bad u could get new blaster shocks and that would be an improvement over the bad shocks..... so listing them as an improvement is pointless lol :D I'll proly just try to find a used pair of works in great shape

Ok, that makes since but if ur blaster shocks r bad u could get new blaster shocks and that would be an improvement over the bad shocks..... so listing them as an improvement is pointless lol :D I'll proly just try to find a great shape used pair of works then

Thats probably a wise choice, most of us who commented on how bad shee shocks have owned a few shees or riden a few as well as tried the shocks.

Last edited:
Ok, that makes since but if ur blaster shocks r bad u could get new blaster shocks and that would be an improvement over the bad shocks..... so listing them as an improvement is pointless lol :D I'll proly just try to find a used pair of works in great shape

Yes stay with Works even stage 1 elkas I run up front are awesome. Huge improvement! I bought them on here for 350. one of the best things i spent money on.