Yamaha Warrior rear plastics on blaster???

justin.naekel

Sep 7, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Anyone tried this? I did some searching but couldnt come up with anything solid.

I supposed the biggest concern would be airbox but I'm using pods on my ninja 250 motor so the only thing I have under the seat is a battery so thats not an issue.

Thoughts? I only ask because Blaster rear plastics are expensive and half of the right fender is missing on the stock stuff for the heel gaurd / kick start clearance and I require neither of those things. I am e-start only on mine.

Thanks in advance

- Justin

Give it a go yourself! I bet sense you got that ninja motor working in there you can get some fenders to work

Give it a go yourself! I bet sense you got that ninja motor working in there you can get some fenders to work

Well it does fit... kind of. I was just looking for a "its easy" or "your gonna hack it up to fit it" really. It took some work, and isnt the best solution, but for the money I can t complain.
I'll throw some pics up in a bit.

- Justin

And here it all is. I spent some time stripping everything down and painting with satin black Krylon Fusion. It took A LOT of work to get it to lay like i wanted (the paint) but in the end it looks FANTASTIC. That in addition to having rear fenders again makes this think look like a completely different machine! I like it.

Next in line is a new seat cover followed by stripping and painting the frame and suspension gloss black. This thing is gonna be all "Murdered out" as they say. I think it will look pretty good.

I am also going to try and get ahold of some 3M clear bra material and cover everything I can in that to help protect it. They make it in a satin finish as well so it should work out pretty good. Cant touch it all for a week though so that the paint cures properly.

quarter_front.jpg

rear_fenders.jpg

side.jpg

tank.jpg

Let me know what you think. The warrior rear plastics mounted up OK. I had to offer up some "encouragement" with a drill and sawzall for it to fit correctly and also welded up some lower fender mounts. I think overall it turned out great. Looks almost factory except that they extend rearward about 2-3 inches further than the blaster fenders.

Thoughts?

- Justin

that actually looks good man. no more stupid unfilled gap in the right side lol. looks like they belong on there from the factory. take the seat off and get some pics.

that actually looks good man. no more stupid unfilled gap in the right side lol. looks like they belong on there from the factory. take the seat off and get some pics.

Thanks! yeah that's actually the reason i decided on these over the stockers... they looked similar enough and had full fenders on both sides!

I'll get some underseat pics in a bit. I should be working right now and the boss (wife) is giving me menacing looks. Its still a mess under there as I just have everything suspended with zip-ties (the starter solenoid, ECU, ect.) since the underseat has less surface to mount things too. I'll try and get some in a few hours.

- Justin

Looks great! I hate the way the stock fenders look with aftermarket heel guards, since they are not symmetrical. Do you know if these would work with a stock kick starter, or would they interfere?

Looks great! I hate the way the stock fenders look with aftermarket heel guards, since they are not symmetrical. Do you know if these would work with a stock kick starter, or would they interfere?

Unknown, I dont have a kick start, but just looking at it, I dont see why not. Might have to use your heel to do it, but there seems to be plenty of clearance.

- Justin

I'm working on doing this now. I must say yours looks really good! Did you use the warrior or blaster seat?

Looks like he used the blaster seat. Notice how he drilled holes in the plastic for the back of the seat to mount it

Maybe try making a new thread, this is a pretty old post and the guy that did this hasnt been on for quite some time.